Gojira - From Mars To Sirius
Gojira - The Way Of All Flesh
Psycroptic - Ob(Servant)

Still waiting for my order of Yes albums:
Fragile
Close To The Edge
Tales From Topographic Oceans
Relayer

How is the Psycroptic? Been thinking about that one...

How is the Psycroptic? Been thinking about that one...

Give me a little more time to fully digest it and I will get back to you.

OK, just gave it another spin. Kind of like a slower version of Origin. It doesn't have that "wall of sound" effect like a lot of tech death bands do so you can actually listen to the musicians play. It doesn't break any new ground but if you are into technical death metal, you will probably like it.

I haven't had a chance to watch the DVD that came with it yet.

eMusic DL's:

300x300.jpg

Cynic - Traced in Air On one listen, I really like it. Sounds really smooth, and it's pretty easy to listen to for a metal album. That's actually a good thing.)

300x300.jpg

Enslaved - Vertebrae

300x300.jpg

October Tide - Rain Without End

300x300.jpg

Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow

300x300.jpg

Cult of Luna - Somewhere Along the Highway

I didn't buy them, but my brother let me borrow them:

Caravan - Waterloo Lily
Caravan - For Girls who Grow Plump in the Night
Caravan - If I Could do it All Over Again I would do it Over You.

and no surprise

Caravan - In the Land of the Grey and Pink

I've listened to them all once and I'm definitely into it. More 70's prog here I come!

What are Cult of Luna like? Worth giving them a listen?

Do yourself a favor and listen to Somewhere Along The Highway as soon as possible. Truly amazing record. Their newest, Eternal Kingdom, is also killer.

COL's sound is some sort of hybrid of post-rock, metal, progressive, probably some other stuff as well. The music is slow to mid-tempo with both harsh and clean vocals. If you are a fan of Isis or Neurosis, chances are you will like COL.

Do yourself a favor and listen to Somewhere Along The Highway as soon as possible. Truly amazing record. Their newest, Eternal Kingdom, is also killer.

COL's sound is some sort of hybrid of post-rock, metal, progressive, probably some other stuff as well. The music is slow to mid-tempo with both harsh and clean vocals. If you are a fan of Isis or Neurosis, chances are you will like COL.