What Music Have You Bought Recently?

Would be nice to have a brief summary of what you thought about the album, and who would like it.
I think this thread could be a reference for everyone. I sincerily don't give a fuck about the fact that you bought a new album, but I care if you say it's a great or total bullshit album.

122 pages into the thread and you have an idea about what might make it good? It already is a good reference. Just ask the poster about an album if interested. Otherwise it gets too bogged down. This is basically a brag thread, right? If you have to review the albums... I mean, hell, I usually post what I got right after getting them. I have no idea what they're like! But maybe someone does, and a conversation starts.

It's a good thread. Leave well enough alone.

Anglagard - Hybris
Jimmy Chamberlin Complex - Life Begins Again
Tetrafusion - Absolute Zero
Darkwater - Calling the Earth to Witness
Natural Science - This Side of Paradise
Wolves In The Throne Room - Black Cascade

^^^ Ok. It was just to make it more constructive. I'm seeing a lot of album here but I don't know which I should pay attention.

V ...I don't know which I should be interested in, that's the point. That's why I ask everyone to do that :). They should all be happy :).

^^^ Ok. It was just to make it more constructive. I'm seeing a lot of album here but I don't know which I should pay attention.

Ask someone about the ones you're interested in! :) I've found so much good music through this thread. The folks here are generally happy to let you know how they're liking what they've gotten.

^
And if the album/band is that good, someone will probably post a thread dedicated to the them anyway.

im unemployed right now so im stuck with either downloading music :erk: or using spotify but at least i think artists get paid a little whenever i listen to them on spotify.

Okay, so it's been a while. Here's my eMusic DL's since about November....

Motley Crue - Theatre of Pain (nostalgia is sweet)
Umphrey's McGee - Safety in Numbers (pretty decent jam band/prog with solid songs)
My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire (soooooo good!)
Evile - Enter the Grave (basically KEA/RTL era Metallica...)
Virgin Black - Elegant...and Dying (disappointed...maybe it'll take a few listens?)
Strapping Young Lad - Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing [re-issue] (it's Devin, and I love it)
Steve Vai - Alien Love Secrets
Devin Townsend - Terria (I might like it better than Ocean Machine)
Sigur Ros - Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust
Sahg - Sahg 1 (maybe worships at the throne of Ozzy era Sabbath too much)
Lumsk - Troll (what a surprise! Beautiful female vocals.)
Enslaved - Frost (not my fave by them, but good)
Wolves in the Throne Room - Malevolent Grain (good, but not as good as Diadem or 2 Hunters)
ZZ Top - Live From Texas (classic songs done well)
Genghis Tron - Cloak of Love (I have to be in the mood. Weird, but well done)
Black Mountain - In the Future (sounds like the classic rock album I didn't know I was missing)
Acid Mother's Temple and the Cosmic Inferno - Starless and Bible Black Sabbath (a bit repetitive for my tastes)
Candlemass - Nightfall (I wish I knew about this when it came out!)
The Hauted - Versus (meh...there's much better Haunted)
Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun (beautiful!!!)
Diamond Head - Am I Evil? (there is some great stuff here. Weird that they never had a lot of success)
The Blizzard of '05 - S/T (kinda power pop, I guess, from artist Bleu. Great songwriter and singer.)
Septic Flesh - Communion (Good stuff)
Return to Forever - The Anthology (Awesome fusion w/ Chick Corea et al. GET IT!)
Genghis Tron - Dead Mountain Mouth (good weirdness)
Earth - Hibernaculum
Best of Nuclear Blast: 20th Anniversary Collection (very meh)
Tool - 10,000 Days
Immortal - Battles in the North
Astor Piazzolla - El Porteno (just awesome tango on the classical guitar! Great, great stuff!)
Bleu - Happy Birthday EP
Agalloch - The Mantle (not as impressed as I thought I'd be)
The Fireman - Electric Arguments (Paul McCartney in a more prog/dark mode...a grower)

Tool - 10,000 Days

How do you like this one? I had bought it but I gave it away because I couldn't really get into it. Although the sound and the atmosphere are great and the riffs are good it was way too repetitive for me and I always got bored after a few minutes. :( Lateralus is better.

It hasn't really done it for me yet. A few songs are decent, but for the most part, I'm kind of disappointed by it.

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
Nine Inch Nails - The Slip

Black Sun Aeon - Darkness Walks Besides Me

So far metal album of the year!!!!!!! Brutal and Beautiful and I recommend this to you all.

eMusic DL's:

300x300.jpg

Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man (didn't realize until now that Matt Barlow was back with IE. Love his stuff with them, so kind of psyched about this...)

300x300.jpg

Wolves in the Throne Room - Black Cascade

300x300.jpg

Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil (dipping into the well of nostalgia...)

300x300.jpg

Steven Wilson - Insurgentes

Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone darkness triumphant

Once listened, I think it's pretty good.

Kivimetsän druidi - Shadowheart

Also once listened, but heck I think this album is awesome. :OMG: