What Norse unit is better?

Patric said:
The Israelis should all be fucking murdered, killing all those innocent Arab lives everyday and I hope to see every motherfucker in that country get NUKED. I'm not anti USA or anything but they need to stop being on Israel's side, as well as totally gay countries like Sweden does.
Patric.... wtf?!!!!????!!!!!!
Hey I don't like USA too..... they think they can do anything and shit (basically at most cases they actually can, but regardless....)
Where have you seen an innocent arab lately? Mayhaps in Sweden you have such... here they are rare. When riding a bus becomes extreme sports, where every moment could be your last..... you get my point?

Btw, wtf has gotten into you? You changed your avatar :(

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
The best troops today I would say are the British SAS, American SEAL and Delta, as well as the Israeli Paratroopers.
Well thanx.... our seals are nice too (Shayetet 13)

Thrymfal:>"the american indian were also pretty damn brutal, hell they chased leif and co. out of america"

I saw something on the Discovery channel when they did Barbarians Week and what they had said was the reason that they left....or one of the reasons....is when they met the Indians and sat with them they gave them milk. The indians being hunter/gatherers were lactose intolerant and actually got sick and thought they were being poisoned and they said the vikings were also afraid due to them being VASTLY outnumbered which makes perfect sense. I wish it went into more detail but it kinda glided over that little tidbit, anyone else know more?

@ Sleipnir: that was an encounter with the inuits in greenland, which was vastly different than the iriquois nation, whom they encountered in southern canada/northern us

Actually they stated they learned a lot and had good relations with the inuit on greenland but when they were in nova scotia is where they ran into the problem.

You should look at a book called The Sagas of Icelanders. It has a really large section in it about what happened in Vinland and how it all came about. It's not quite a first hand account, but it's about as close as the Eddas etc in age. You have to take into account that they also got there decimated in numbers to start with, and you are right, the Skraelingar thought they were being poisoned, and there were other things that happened, too, to cause crossed wires between the groups. Finally some of those higher up in the ranks (for lack of a better word) were killed, which doesn't do much for morale. The Sagas of Greenlanders is a similar account but of the settlement of Greenland, only the situation there was a whole another ball game. We still don't really know what happened there, other than the Norse never learned to adapt to the cold (as seen by the clothing on their dead bodies) and the land was over-grazed to the point where things point to starvation. Even the bones of dogs have human chew marks on them, and we know the Norse would have never eaten their dogs unless it was a very dire emergency!
Well, Thor is banging with his hammer in the sky, so I am going to shut off my computers and othe electronics....

Far Far North said:
You realize Napoleon was not really French don't you? He was Italian, I thought everone knew this

ehm nice try,... but Napoleon was born on the isle Corsica in the mediterean sea..its a france isle since well I think the romans were still on the planet....(phew that long !! :D ).

Italy in the time of Napoleon was a very chaotic country with several leaders, including some of the Austrian en Pruisians princes who controlled pieces of Nortern Italy, like the region Milan is in....Check out the TV miniserie about Napoleon if you what to verify it.

First off no. Second you need to stop believing everything on T.V. if that is wher you got this from. The french captured Corsica from Genoa merely three months before Napolean was born. Now if three months decides your heritage then technically all french born from roughly 1943-1945 are german. Now this idea is just ludacris. His family was Italian, he grew up in Italian culture, and his blood is Italian. I think this is enough to call him Italian. Genoa is, if you don't know, an Italian city. Sinse the time of the romans, ha. Where did you come up with this bullshit? Now I don't really believe that Napleon could be considered French seeing how the Genoese controled Corsica for centuries before and infact the culture of Corsica resembles that of Italy more then the French. If you did not notice Bonaparte is not exactly a French name via the strong e on the end. Look it up anywhere you will see your mistake. Nice try yourself ass.