What number will Dance Of Death get to on the charts?

Profanity

The Post Master
Jul 3, 2003
Manchester, England, UK
It will be about #18 because Maiden have a loyal fan base who will all rush out and buy a copy or two but Maiden aren't getting any new fans or targetting any potential new fans.

What was BNW? My guess is 5 lower than whatever that was, there's no hype this time round, and the cover's bound to put loads of casual buyers off.

Profånity said:
It will be about #18 because Maiden have a loyal fan base who will all rush out and buy a copy or two

I'm loyal.. But wtf do I want with two copies? So I can have two shitty covers to look at?

I bought two Bruce Dickinson Best Of's only because of the limited 2 disc initial release and it was only 3 bucks more then the single disc version.

Yep, I agree. This album doesn't have much chance of topping the charts (in the UK) - there's too much 'pop' type stuff that's in the public eye a lot more.

To be honest though, I don't think this will bother them greatly. Obviously, they want the album to be successful, but I don't think of them as a band who make music with the aim of topping the charts. They know they have loads of fans, even if they aren't the ones that associate themselves with the charts.

I reckon it will sell reasonably well - better in the rest of Europe than the UK perhaps - but I agree that the cover alone could be responsible for a lack of new buyers.

I doubt it'll chart at all, unless there is some surprise hit on the album that the band accidentally happens to unleash and release.

If BLS hit #50 with the blessed hellride in the states, then Im guessing at least 15 to 20 for Maiden. Especially with all this new found worship of late for Maiden from pop artists. Also sales are down overall, but metal sales are up because of Metal's loyal fanbase.