I can't believe it - "Dance of Death" is one of the best albums of the year!

Opethfan1980

Jaded and Gaunt
May 8, 2002
California, USA
sunsetfuneral.iuma.com
I enjoyed Brave New World - it was a very solid album and having Bruce and Smith back was VERY nice.

However, "Dance of Death" is fast becoming my favorite album released this year. It's got two tracks that are already among my all time favorite Maiden songs, the killer, driving "Paschendale," and the title track, which is just brilliant.

Great work, Maiden.

Prismatic Sphere said:
The new Fates Warning should cripple it.

Even with that talentless piece-of-shit, Ray Alder, screeching vocals?
I doubt it.

If they'd dump that lifeless, soulless shit, they'd be a good band again.

Next to that wanker from Dream Theater, Alder is the worst singer in all of metaldom.

Read it. Believe it. Accept it. :Spin:

SoundMaster said:
Even with that talentless piece-of-shit, Ray Alder, screeching vocals?
I doubt it.

If they'd dump that lifeless, soulless shit, they'd be a good band again.

Next to that wanker from Dream Theater, Alder is the worst singer in all of metaldom.

Read it. Believe it. Accept it. :Spin:
Have you heard any recent Fates Warning? I'd urge you to check out Ray's vocals on "Still Remains".

ProgMetalFan said:
Have you heard any recent Fates Warning? I'd urge you to check out Ray's vocals on "Still Remains".

I've not heard that album. My last FW was "Grey", based upon all of the great reviews it received. Not only did I not like the vocals, but I found the music to be good, but not great.

I really like Matheos - love the OSI project, and old Fates (Parallels & older), but everything else i've heard is lacking, IMO.

seriously, "Still Remains" is MUCH more exciting... and the vocals are beautiful... I think that song at least would definately be something that could be labeled "heavy melancholy"

ProgMetalFan said:
seriously, "Still Remains" is MUCH more exciting... and the vocals are beautiful... I think that song at least would definately be something that could be labeled "heavy melancholy"
I agree, I can't picture anyone calling Ray "soulless." He might not be the best live, but he always puts his all into his singing.

i agree that Maiden is up at the top of the best releases of this year, maybe not the top spot, but it was a solid release in my opinion. unlike some of the other bands out there who have simply continued a negitive direction DOWNWARD. (cough) Metallica (cough)