What Opeth songs have you learned beginning to end?

hmm. i learnt it off the power tab version and it was pretty simple, although i didnt really give a shit about learning the second half of the song. no song has really stood out as really tough to learn, the only stuff i can think of was a few large stretches but those were ok and i could tranpose them into different places anyway

it doesnt matter what caliber of difficulty the song is, if you just do it carefree with a lazy attitude and dont concentrate on what you are playing of course its gonna take longer to remember it all

or more likely you arent focussing when you are learning the song

nah, i'm just not THAT good, and i don't really play everyday to update my skills, too lazy... i only play what i have to :D i jam for myself everyday when i'm trying to come up with own music, but that's hardly going to make me a better guitarist. I learned those opeth songs a pretty long time ago when i was still improving my skills, i think i've come to a point where i don't have to, since we don't play tha difficult music in our band. :Smokin:

buddy rich claimed never to practise, only said he played when he had a gig - he was probably full of shit though

i find the best way to practise is to get a whole bunch of songs that are difficult, or just out of your skill range, and practise practise practise them. plus its more fun learning songs than just scale runs or chords or whatever.

i also play all opeth songs on acoustic (nylon), maybe that makes a difference. much easier to play on those soft strings

I've never actively learned an entire song. Over time however I've picked up all of..

Advent
Demon of the Fall
Godhead's Lament
The Drapery Falls
Blackwater Park

I'd probably be more inclined to learn entire songs if I grabbed another guitarist to learn the other bits.

Under The Weeping Moon
The Night And The Silent Water
When
Godheads Lament
The Moor
Benighted
Dirge For November
Harvest
Ending Credits
Ghost Of Perdition
Harlequin Forest
The Lotus Eater

Guitar...

i think everything opeth does is so unusual and creative that it makes it fun to play, yes blackwater park is fun to play, leper affinity is also fun to play...my favourites are the acoustic parts though.

depends what style of opeth you want to play

for fingerstyle i suggest benighted, my favourite
for standard metal i guess something off blackwater park, leper affinity maybe

opeth in general is pretty fun to play, alot more interesting and unique than most bands that are around

oh, and i also found hours of wealth really fun to play

try the bridge acoustic part in godheads lament, hessian peel, moonlapse vertigo, windowpane, the twilight is my robe

I've tried to play Deliverance and Masters Apprentices on drums, but nah, that didn't work out too well.

I've also tried to play parts of various songs on guitar:
Demon of the fall
Masters Apprentices
Deliverance
Blackwater park
Harlequin forest
The Grand Conjuration
Funeral Portrait
Ghost of perdition

First Opeth song I ever learnt was Harvest on bass. It was also the first song I heard from them.
And I can pretty much play every Opeth album (except watershed) on bass. Except Orchid and Morningrise I only know a selection of songs.
And as for Watershed I've almost picked up all of Heir Apparent, Lotus Eater and Hessian Peel.

And as for learning Opeth stuff on guitar, I can do Deliverance (sloppy and no solo's.) and bits and peices of songs since I'm a shit guitarist. lol!

Hmmm...
Patterns in the Ivy I and II

Face of Melinda

Ending Credits

In My Time of Need

thats all sadly, i need to learn how to play loud and metal :p