What other types of music do Maiden/ Maidens fans enjoy?

Chris DeGarmo left AGAIN???!

ye freaking gods.... Chris and Michael Wilton were perfect together.... I was jazzed when I heard he was getting back together with Queensryche. Neither he nor the band were the same when he left.

Rendclaw said:
Chris DeGarmo left AGAIN???!

ye freaking gods.... Chris and Michael Wilton were perfect together.... I was jazzed when I heard he was getting back together with Queensryche. Neither he nor the band were the same when he left.

Yeah, it totally bites. He was suppose to join them for this OM tour, but I guess negotiations went south and he didn't come back. He hasn't played with the band since 2003. The new guy is Mike Stone or something like that. Don't know much about him.

Like everyone else who's replied, my taste is eclectic as well!

Currently listening to:

*BoA (Korea) - All
*Fin.k.l (Korea) - Vol 4
*Clazziquai Project (Korea) - Remix
*Judas Priest (UK) - Most of the remasters
*Bond (UK/Aussie) - Classified
*Nachtmystium (US) - Demise
*Deathspell Omega (FR) - Inquisitors . . .

\m/

Bands who's CDs I have listened to this week:

Rush
Iron Maiden
Iced Earth
Queensryche
Judas Priest
Testament
Rainbow
Black Sabbath
Scorpions
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin

royboy said:
Bands who's CDs I have listened to this week:

Rush
Iron Maiden
Iced Earth
Queensryche
Judas Priest
Testament
Rainbow
Black Sabbath
Scorpions
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin

Nice selection! I'm totally into all these bands. I had all the Zepplin CDs, Hendrix, Doors, Sabbath, Maiden, Metallica (up to the Black album), AC/DC, Heart and Pink Floyd. I had them in a huge CD carrier and someone busted my car window for it! :mad: My music always gets jacked. By so-called friends, visitors, and complete strangers. In this carrier, I also had a CD from a local band that I have been following since 1996 and their first CD was signed by all the guys, that went with all the rest. I was pissed. Their line up has changed twice, so that one is irreplaceable. :cry:

I could start naming names that are in my mostly cassette collection, but it would be a waste of server space, as its just be a repeat of all the 80's-90's hair/non-hair metal and rock bands that have already been listed. So we will move on to the stuff thats not on the normal metal path...

Brian Setzer (& his orchestra)
Traveling Willbury's
Blues Traveler
Tori Amos (if you have not heard her rendition of Slayers "Reign in Blood", you should. Seriously.)
Beasty Boys (and thats about all the rap I can stand, unless its old school)
Kings X

I also like punk and punk pop. Sometimes its just fun to pound the easy stuff out really loud and really fast on the guitar. Plus its got a good beat!

momadave said:
Besides the obvious metal/ hard rock music, what other types of music do you folks enjoy?
I love Jam Rock - Phish, The Dead, Umphrey's McGee, String Cheese Incident, moe.; I love Bluegrass - Old and In the Way, Yonder Mountain String Band, Bill Monroe, Earl Scruggs; I Love jazz - all types too many to mention; Classic Rock - THE BEATLES, CSN & Y, Allman Bros, etc; Classic Metal/ Rock - Sabbath, Deep Purple, Rainbow, etc; Alternative Rock - Smashing Pumpkins, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc; ...and so many more.
What say you guys?

Thanks,

David :loco:

The Offspring
Metallica
Megadeth
Stevie Ray Vaughn
AC/DC
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
The Beatles
Anthrax
Rolling Stones
Steve Vai
Van Halen (both eras)
Testament
Down
Fumanchu
ZZTop
Slayer

A lot more.. I can't think of anymore... I'm getting old and my memory isn't the same :) :headbang: