What plugin can i not live without? EQ and comp

I generally stick with the EQIII and SSL Duende channel strip for EQ. For comp it's a mix of SSL Duende channel and some 1176 (New UAD ones and CLA76). These are the tools that get used every time and they get most of the work done.

Check http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/
Really reaaally good free plugs with a very unique aproach. Maybe not your tipical go to... but still worth cheking them out
Also, read the info on the plugs since the developer gets really deep into explaining how the plugs work and what you should expect from them.

Here's my short list:

Cytomic The Glue (for drums onx16 upsampling)
Tb Reelbus , haven't you tried it? It's freakin amazing.
Waves C4
Waves CLA
Slate VCC

And i too uses Pt's stock eqIII for every eq stuff.

eQuality for surgical EQ, for some reason I just cannot reproduce what it does with the ReaEQ, like removing ringing frequencies is easy with it, while I found it impossible with other EQs, to a point I thought I was a retard.

I can't live without VCC anymore

Waves CLA are good, I recomment "The Rocket" too which has lots of flavours and good presets to start with.

Here's my short list:

Cytomic The Glue (for drums onx16 upsampling)
Tb Reelbus , haven't you tried it? It's freakin amazing.
Waves C4
Waves CLA
Slate VCC

And i too uses Pt's stock eqIII for every eq stuff.

brilliant loving the look of "the glue" another i had never heard of, same with reelbus, both very affordable too, glad there is alot of love for EQIII, i love the isolated sweep option in it, its got me out of a few sticky situations where my ears just couldn't pinpoint what was wrong with everything in,

eQuality for surgical EQ, for some reason I just cannot reproduce what it does with the ReaEQ, like removing ringing frequencies is easy with it, while I found it impossible with other EQs, to a point I thought I was a retard.

I can't live without VCC anymore

Waves CLA are good, I recomment "The Rocket" too which has lots of flavours and good presets to start with.

I used VCC on a mix for the first time ever recently and it blew my mind, I'd love to try out the rocket it looks like its got character, but doesn't seem to be RTAS compatible :(

EDIT: Also anyone know about these guys? http://www.plugandmix.com/products/ if you like their facebook and then send them a contact via their website you can choose any one of their plugs for free, just out of curiosity as we all love free plug ins, they have a huge group buy going on too untill april 15th all their stuff for $99USD

this is from their facebook page

"To thank everyone for their massive participation, we have decided to offer the P&M V.I.P. Bundle at the goal price of $99 until April 15, 2013

Simply redeem the voucher coupon : PDZVIP at check-out. Best Regards, Nick"

You just use a coupon code it looks like before you checkout on their site for the VIP bundle

EDIT: You buy on the dont crack site here https://store.dontcrack.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=72&products_id=888 but it could be just a group buy thing where only "investors" get the discount not sure to be honest

These go on practically all productions I work on:

DDMF IIEQPro
Stillwell Rocket
TheGlue
ValhallaVintageVerb (recently)
ValhallaRoom
Kjaerhus Classic Delay/Chorus/Phaser/Flanger

I've also started using Slate VCC and VTM lately as well. Used to use ApTrigga for triggering but I've switched over to Slate Trigger.

Lately I have been using these atleast on one track in every single mix.

DDMF: IIEQ and LinComp
SKNote: GTS-39, C165a, Presence, RoundTone and StripBus
Ignite: PTEq-1a
Plug&Mix: Degradiator
HorNET: MultiComp
Stillwell: Rocket

I am going to be the killjoy here. Although I normally use the same bass drum sample and similar settings on tse x50 for my own stuff, I use whatever I have in the moment and my mixes tend to sound somewhat similar regardless of the plugins I use (I sometimes use ozone as compressor, sometimes duende, even fl studio compressors, fl studio eq's, eQuality, etc). That being said, my favorite plugins are x50 for high gain and superior drummer for drum writing but if they didn't exist, there are so many other vst's that could do the job just as well.

EZMIX ON EVERYTHING :D

...Just kidding, I would have to say:

1. Cla compressor bundle

and 2. Equality (maybe the ew equilibrium when i get it in a few days!)

Some brilliant advice in here, eQuality is definitely getting bought along with the UBK, also seriously considering getting the glue too as its well within my budget, don't have enough to get the duende at the moment, but will definitely be buying it and the trident EQ at some stage soon, big thanks to you all guys