What plugins will I need with ProTools LE?

Apparenty MHCS is an SSL style channel strip and actually does work well on the master bus, so for the price I am going to grab that instead of Waves SSL and if that isn't what I want on the bus I will grab Analog Channel as that seems like a fantastic plugin as well.

So do you think this list is pretty solid as far as generL purpose plugs go?
Massey CT4
Massey Tapehead
Massey L2007
Metric Halo Channel Strip
McDSP Analog Channel

plus the stock Digi plugs including the Toolkit extras like TL Space and Smack. Some of the Waves stuff still sounds appealing like RVox but I don't think I really need it... Any good non-Waves algoverbs worth looking at?

What you could do is try out the Metric Halo Channel Strip demo and see if you like it. I did and fuck me sideways do I want that channel strip so bad that I might just cut myself if I don't get it soon, alas, new monitors and bass traps were higher on my list of requirements.

I'm interested in the Massey stuff now too, cheers for all the info guys.

good choices mate, maybe look into CLA compressors some time in the future. Best sounding ITB compressors i've ever heard, and i've got everything on a UAD.
Demo all this stuff before you throw your bucks down though.

Stupid MHCS demo won't work, says I've already installed it once and gone past the demo period, even though I've never installed it or used it once :/ ugh. Love the Massey stuff so that's a for sure and I don't think I can really go wrong with MHCS so I might just have to grab it anyways...

How's the McDSP multiband comp, MC2000 or whatever it is? An alternative to C4 would be great, really would like to stay away from Waves unless absolutely necessary.

did you use the autorizer for mhcs?
there are two files in the installer package
the installer and the authorizer; be sure to run both if not email MH support they are very good.