What should I change?

I really like the bite on the guitars, but think there could be slightly more low end added to the guitars. I don't know if this is in your control or not, but I'd maybe cut off the tail ends of some of the notes for the guitar to make the playing sound tighter. I wouldn't change anything about the drums.

Speaking of the drums, would you mind sharing some details on what you did with the snare? I really liked how the snare was processed!

Speaking of the drums, would you mind sharing some details on what you did with the snare? I really liked how the snare was processed!

Sure,

Tracks:
1.) Snare Top
2. Snare Btm
go to Snare Bus where all the processing is done.

since I use Reaper I used ReaEQ with some crazy processing. Had to cut some ring in the 300 and 550 hz area. Added some 1K and some 5k. the 5k is a shelf. but before that I put a lowpass (highcut) filter at like 13k

after all that it's very light processing with GClip, and after that dominion.
Just a little more attack, less attack length and little more sustain and sustain length.

No compression, and no compression track other than a room track that picks up the snare pretty well. That was processed with a high pass filter at like 90hz and little room compression.

That's it

Thanks a lot for your input on the guitar note length. Now that you say it, it is clear as water.:headbang:

Thanks for sharing! They really cut through the mix; I use Reaper as well and might try that. I like that it pops out. And it's interesting that you didn't use any compression other than the room mic, 'cause i feel like i've been relying on too much on compression with making my snare sticks out.

Thanks for sharing! They really cut through the mix; I use Reaper as well and might try that. I like that it pops out. And it's interesting that you didn't use any compression other than the room mic, 'cause i feel like i've been relying on too much on compression with making my snare sticks out.

Well, normally I would use compression but in this case, there are some blast parts which sounded better with volume automation. Everything else was pretty flat velocity wise.
Try raising around 3k on the snare, and make space for it in the 200hz area.
It helps in most of my cases.