what should i expect?

drunkendonkey

New Metal Member
Nov 20, 2007
amon amarth will be my first ever show. i will be there by myself and i am 15 years old what should i expect? i am kind of nervous because i haven't been to a live show and because i am not old.

Expect Vikings to stab you! :p

Not really, just expect to go there and have a good time! Though if you are young, I wouldn't venture into the pit... There can be some pretty... Uh... "Heavy Handed" guys there! :lol:

my first show brings back some good memories, it was '92 I was 16 and it was Napalm Death, Cathedral, some other two big acts now, can't remember, I went there for ND, first show and what do I do, fuckin' stage diving and running around stage hugging Bernie and trying to imitate what the crowd did on stage in Napalm Death video for The World Keeps on Turning, oh good old days, enjoy the show, the first one given that it's your favourite band which ND was mine at the time will be memorable one for years to come, oh also learn the difference between "headbanging" and "moshing" if you don't know it yet so you don't confuse people about it in the future ;)

expect good times, everybody's there for the same reason

Amon Amarth as your first show, I'm jealous. My first show was some crappy local street-punk band here in jersey back in '99 when i was in like 8th grade, too bad the loval punk scene caved in under the weight of emo. Anyway just dont get in the pit if it gets too roudy. I personally love the pit, but I advised my 15 year old brother in law not to go into it when we saw Amon Amarth last week. He had a great fucking time, then again he is a seasoned concert goer despite his age.

Btw: Asator was great for the pit.

Yes... remember to tie your shoe laces tight. So many people lose shoes in the pit. Also remember to keep your arms up around the chest level. Then you won't have to worry about having your head smashing into the shoulder of the dude in front of you. Mind you, I doubt you're a 5' girl so it might not be so easy to get shoved around. Whatever you do, don't think it's cool to go around swinging your arms with your hands fisted or spin kicking like some idiot. I got hit in the chest by some girl at a show once and I ended up punching her in the face in return.

yes, don't hardcore dance in the the pit. you might get punched in the face in return. as mentioned above.
the shoes advice is also really good, people lose their shoes really often. if you have your wallet with you put it in your from pocket not your back pocket so you know its not likely to fall out either.

If this is your first show I wouldn't advise going anywhere near the middle of the crowd. Just hang in the back or off to the sides so that you can enjoy the music and watch all the other dumbasses get beat up. I've been to seven or eight shows and I learned from my first one that you don't stay in the middle of the room unless you want to be pushed/shoved/knocked around and have bottles of water thrown at you.

It also depends on which venue you are going to, I've been to one in baltimore that had the sound booth in the middle of the room and I just stood behind them and was able to lean against the wall and take some pressure off my feet. Wear comfortable shoes because your feet will start to hurt after standing in the same spot for hours.

Just have fun sir :)

dont piss off the 6 foot 5, 240 pound guy with the foot long beard.... they dont usually react well.

We don't indeed. Should start at the edge/back of the room and make your way forward as you get more comfortable with it. As said really don't be a little prick and punch/kick or whatever if you decide to go in the pit and again do your shoes up tight if you do, in London a mate lost his shoe so had to take the train back looking like a tramp with a wet foot.

I am going to the Los Angeles show at the Avalon. Too bad I don't own any Amon Amarth shirts yet... I guess I'll just wear my atheist shirt.

see you there!

i remember my first show, it was alot of fun, i even went into the pit.

my first AA show was amazing too, although they didnt play for long, it was a blast.

you WILL have fun.

metal shows are kind of like prison if you know what I mean, so as they say you better kick somebody's ass or become somebody's bitch ;)

just kidding of course

amon amarth will be my first ever show. i will be there by myself and i am 15 years old what should i expect? i am kind of nervous because i haven't been to a live show and because i am not old.

the shoes advice is also really good, people lose their shoes really often.

haha last night I saw Amon Amarth(which was fuckin nuts) and my friend lost his shoe. So we waited outside trying to meet AA, and we were talkin to Fredrik and he noticed he didnt have a shoe, then he wlaks off and does something and we start talking to Olavi and Johan H and then Fredrik comes back with a shoe for him, he found it but it wasnt my friends lol, but he still kept it.

oh and for what to expect, complete MADNESS! AA's show was the most intense I've ever seen, If anybody has the chance I definetely suggest you see them.