What song would you play at your funeral?

In fact substitute 'Struck a Nerve' with Bad Religion's 'Cease'.

"Grave memorial hewn white stone
Like the comforting caress of a mother
Or a friend you've always known

It evokes such pain and significance
What was once, is reduced to remembrance
And the generations pass without recompense
What pretension! Everlasting peace
Everything must cease"

Tell it how it is.

I was just thining about this. WHY A METAL SONG? I mean half of the people at your funeral wont want to hear Nocturno Culto screaming about opening his veins. I would want something everyone could relate to for my funeral.

A Tout Le Monde is not metal and that has been mentioned a few times, its just done by a metal band and Opeth songs have been a popular choice though the ones mentioned have not been metal either, they have been solemn prog songs..

A Tout Le Monde was my first choice but other then that, Still Day Beneath the Sun or Death Whispered a Lullaby by Opeth... really there are plenty of Opeth songs.. perhaps some Smashing Pumpkins though.

More half-serious sarcasm - Tori Amos - Raining Blood cover or Walk With Me in Hell by Lamb of God.

Actually an even better funeral song would be Last Statement by Insomnium

I have come to the end of my line
With these final steps I take back my freedom
Unchain the shackles that never could hold my mind

Time keeps running and running
Outstripping the dead tired ones
The hours will run out from us all
And in the end no one differs from the other

Only the blue sky and the green grass
Go on forever in this world
Where seconds feel like eternity
And years pass in blink of an eye

When the last rays of light
Set behind these shores
Night wraps me in its blanket
And leads my way to the stars

Through the fear and the ache
Pass the storm and the rain
I have made peace with the world
I am born again

I may be gone in the flesh
But my love will stay here
I am always with you in spirit
So just stay strong

No one wins tonight
No one gets a closure
No one walks away victorious

But don’t forget me
Don’t you forget me
Burn a candle for me when you can

Or maybe Runes To My Memory by Amon Amarth :rolleyes:

Don't know. Cowboy Song by Thin Lizzy would be cool. But I'll probably end up with some sort of Hymn for reverance sake.

Oh Lord not one of those cliche hymns like "Amazing Grace" or "Be Not Afraid".

My father plays the pipe-organ and sometimes he plays funerals at my church, and the families always have him play traditional hymns. For those occasions he has a folder of music labelled "Crap", that he has to use at too many weddings and funerals.

When I have my funeral, you won't be hearing "Amazing Grace" on the bagpipes as my casket descends the the stairs.

Well, those ones are pretty stereotypical American Evangelical / happy clapper type hymns. So not specifically those, but I'm sure, like mine your world perspective will change over the coming 60 years (or up until you die)so most of us will have something more traditional ....

I was just thining about this. WHY A METAL SONG? I mean half of the people at your funeral wont want to hear Nocturno Culto screaming about opening his veins. I would want something everyone could relate to for my funeral.

Dude, you're fucking dead. Why would you care what people relate to?

I would have autopsy 'dead' played and than after would speak from the grave and growl fuck off i'm dead!.

In seriousness, I would just want someone playing bagpipes at my funeral.

And Living After Midnight if I wanted to be ironic (or if I was going to come back as a Vampire... of course, in that case I might become a black metal fan).

Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis by Vaughan Williams

Not metal, but freaking aweseome. One of my favorite classical pieces, it's got this great somber mood, but is uplifting at the same time.

That coupled with Be Still my Soul (hymn taking the main melody of Sibelius' Finlandia + sick lyrics)

Something from Gae Bolg or Puissance would fit well, I guess. Puissance's In Shining Armour has got a very funereal vibe to it.
L'Orchestre Noir-Dawn(same as above)
Ved Buens Ende-Autumn Leaves
Queen-Innuendo
Queen-The Show Must Go On(seriously, it's got to be my favorite rock tune)
Metal:
Asphyx-Ode to a Nameless Grave(bad pun)
Bethlehem-Apocalyptic Dance

Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis by Vaughan Williams

Not metal, but freaking aweseome. One of my favorite classical pieces, it's got this great somber mood, but is uplifting at the same time.

My father transcribed that piece to an organ score. It's very hard to play, though.

Meh I have a few songs that I'd like for my funeral...
Opeth-Godhead's Lament
Symphony X-Church of the Machine
Dream Theater-In the Name of God
Turisas-Among Ancestors
Wintersun-Beautiful Death