What songs remind you of your past and present crushes?

OpethChild23

New Metal Member
Oct 17, 2001
Hey All,

I decided to pose this question because I've just been listening to so many cds that remind me of a girl I totally like at my school. When I hear the song dreaming neon black it totally effects my heart and soul. Because unfortunately she is going to be going back to where she lives. Which is in South America:eek:

And that song always reminds me of her, and when I hear it I get tears to my eyes because I know I'm gonna be feeling so lonely. Other songs that deal with this situation is I Died For You, Bleak, A Question of Heaven, The Heart Collector, and NO more Will. Its just that those songs deal with my feelings about her so much. I know this seems as a bit of a personal question but if you care to answer please dont hestitate to talk about it. And I'm really thinking of developing a story and try and find songs that i know to put into it. Kind of like a concept album of sorts but with existing songs. And I'm thinking of giving it to her for a going away present.

Thanx for Taking Your Time Reading this, Opethchild23

I stray away from remembered past crushes, since I have a girlfriend now. Anyway, the entire Dream Theater album "Metropolis pt 2: Scenes From a Memory" makes me think of her. Not because Victoria cheated on her boyfriend with his brother and then he killed her, but because the music is beautiful, and the lyrics to 'Through My Words'. That song sums it up.

quote: Forever-Nevermore

It is just a beautifull, emotional song
-----------

please add SORROWMAN as well...

Yeah! Sorrowed Man is amazing. I should have added that, but I was too tired to think too much, ontop of that yesterday was my last day of collage for this semester.....There was much drinking last night...

You have GOT to hear Iced Earth's Dracula if you want a song about true love and not being able to have her anymore.

Also recommended:
Helloween: Forever And One (Neverland)
Sentenced: Killing Me Killing You
Zakk Wylde: Sold My Soul
Bonfire: Goodnight Amanda
Ten: Till The End Of Time
Hammerfall: Remember Yesterday

I've got tons more.

:headbang: First of all, not to sound aggravated or anything, "Always Will Be" is a MUCH better song than either ballad from Legacy of Kings. But this is a Nevermore chat. I knew a girl from South America once. Damn gorgeous! But life is too short for regrets! You should try to listen to songs that get you going such as Sepultura's "Arise" and anything from Soilwork! Another prime example is Nevermore's "All The Cowards Hide." It's from the Believe In Nothing EP and it's as good as anything from Dreaming Neon Black. Is Warrel not God?!?!

Whats up my metal brother, dude you knew a girl from SOuth America what was her name? How long did you get to know her for before she had to go back to her country?

I'm gonna start calling you "Desecrator" for digging up the past! Her name was Maria and she was my best friend. I've heard a lot of people talk about Opeth, what do they sound like? I dig everything.

Sorry for having yah dig up the past but I was just wondering and Opeth is one of the greatest metal bands ever. I bet you a ton of people here think their aweosme as well. Their songs usually clock at 10mins of above but whats cool about them is even though their songs are long they never ever get boring. I recommend any of their cds you can get your hands on. Take care dude!

Dreadnaught - Flowers

Grace fallen
Wash away the tears
You don't cut, you don't bleed
you just look away

Falling
Lost inside your eyes
all i've thought, all i've felt
as you walked on by

But you didn't see...

Grace fallen
standing underfeet
I wait for you to stamp on me
wearing a pale grin
start searching my soul for who i am,
why i'm here
and why i fear... life without you

I've been burned before
but nothing gained and nothing lost; i sink myself deeper
...Deeper into you

Grace fallen
Smile never meeting eyes
the void of love
devoid of life
to the need, say goodbye
Come crawling
Try so hard to plese,
back is turned
to face the open door
The only light to see...
Still drawn in
Love listening to your lies
But nothing makes much sense to me
Now that i stand alone.
Grace fallen
Pushed back against the wall,
I can't run,
I can't fight,
I just sit and Cry...

But you didn't see...

AND BRAZILIAN BABES are one of the best....

Sweet natured...

But they do get FAT later on inlife

Whats up man,

This chick that i know is from Columbia not Brazil. And I swear to you she is the hottest girl i have every seen. She is so sweet and nice and I wish she could be my girlfriend. And who is Dreadnaught I never have heard of them before.

Sup, Opeth! Nice to see ya again. Dreadnaught is just another band you don't need to concern yourself with. Actually I've never heard them but they've been around the block. I don't know if this ever occured to you man, but just ask her if she'd like to play Carnival. She can sit on your face and you can guess how much she weighs. NOT REALLY! Breakfast is ready....

The Heart Collector- Nevermore
The Sorrowed Man- Nevermore
High Hopes- Pink Floyd

These remind me of a girl that I like alot, and we are also best friends. But i'm fine with just being friends and there are no problems with the friendship because of any of it. It just kind of sucks because of what I know about her and relationships. But it's mostly because it reminds me of times when things were not so good. So that was shitty.

Here are some of my most beloved love songs,although I haven't related them to certain girls...
Forever
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Dream Theater - Space-dye Vest
Savatage - Summer's Rain
ManOwaR - Pleasure Slave:lol: