What songs should Anthrax cover

Matthew62176

New Metal Member
May 19, 2003
Hubbard OH
Visit site
Hey folks! I'm new here and I know this has probably been done before but what songs would you love to hear Anthrax cover? Maybe if we find one that we all agree we can get the guys to cover it someday. Here's some that I think I would love to hear:
1. God of Thunder
2. Moonage Daydream by Bowie
3. Skulls or Astrozombies by The Misfits
4. Unsung by Helmet
5. Jump in the Fire by Metallica
6. Eminence Front by the Who
7. Caught in a dream by Alice Cooper

YOu don't have to end your list with seven songs. I just did that because there were :devil: seven apostles.

I'd like to hear them try "Reign of Fire" from Armored Saint's "Symbol of Salvation" album. (I know, it's not much of a cover, but hey, it still might be cool!)

How about some of these?

-"Running Free," Iron Maiden
-"Deliverin' The Goods," Judas Priest
-"You Can't Bring Me Down," Suicidal Tendencies (Couldn't you hear Scott singing/screaming this one?)
-"Epic," Faith No More (Hey, they've tried stranger ones...)
-"Nasty," The Damned (Any fans of The Young Ones should know this one)

Thrax have already covered "War Inside my head" so why not cover other Suicidal songs! I´d really like to hear John sing "Epic"

Other covers could be:

"Change the world" - Bronx Casket Co.
"Fuckdog" - Autopsy (I mean c´mon, it sounds like a S.O.D. song)
"I´m your man" - Wham

they should cover Sinatra's "New York New York"
or "All the things she said" by TATU
or "My heart will go on" by Celine Dion
or "Gettin' jiggy with it" by Will Smith
or "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston
or "Always look on the bright side of life" by Monthy Python
or "Earth Song" by Michael Jackson"

or Cannibal Corpses "Hammer Smashed Face"
or Sinisters "To Mega Therion"
or Bludgeon's "Smoke Screen"

The most briliant idea was what someone put up some time ago: Mr.Garrison's "Merry Fuckin' Christmas", just imagine this song in a metal suit with John's voice.

I will say that the original b-sides, like Grunt & Click, Throwing The Horns, etc. kick some huge ass. How about another B-side compilation some time soon? If you haven't heard some of the Bush-Bsides, you're missing out, y'all.

Hell Awaits by Slayer. I just wanna piss myself hearing John trying to keep up with the vox department. LOL

while it is good that anthrax do good cover versions of songs i aint a fan of alot of the stuff they cover,celebrated summer,the police,i would like to see them cover dimmu borgir or morbid angel

There was an interview with Frankie for a Czech mag after Killer A's came out. The interviewer suggested Anthrax should put out a cover album titled Return Of A Killer C's. Franke laughed and said it was a good idea.