What the best Dan Swano album to get?

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
I have all the Bloodbath and Diabolical Masquerade albums, now where should I venture next with Dans Music?? I like the style of prog metal, death, black, thrash, some melodic power metal. Any recommendations are welcome, their are just so many projects by him, I don't were to start looking next.

:kickass: Thanks

Crimson and Crimson II from EOS are excellent, and Moontower you should definitely check out. Pretty much of all the EOS is great really, excluding the Swano-less Cryptic, and the now so-so debut.

If you're looking for something similar to what you've heard, Nightingale and Unicorn definitely aren't, but they are worth checking out as long you know you aren't getting death metal. Unicorn isn't metal at all, rather a neo-prog type thing, and Nightingale is like heavy synth rock.

valerus said:
Nightingale - Nightfall Overture

such a great compilation
But you have to keep in mind that it's maybe not the right thing to go to after experiencing two of his more extreme projects, especially if the guy is looking for some growls.

So far I have heard Edge of Sanity, which I think is awesome from what I have heard so far, and Nightingale sounds rockin too. I havent been able to find any Moontower samples, Dan has one hell of a growl its awesome and good singing vocals. Im definitely going to pick up some of these albums!

first i heard nightingale i thinked it was way to cheesy for me,...but after a month I forced myself listening too it. Offcourse i started with the first album and moved from there. And now....I'm just happy i did it! Hard to explain but hey...thats the whole idea :)

Alteredmindeath said:
So far I have heard Edge of Sanity, which I think is awesome from what I have heard so far, and Nightingale sounds rockin too. I havent been able to find any Moontower samples, Dan has one hell of a growl its awesome and good singing vocals. Im definitely going to pick up some of these albums!
You can find a Moontower song over here:

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_BAND.asp?band_id=1903

It's a great site btw, lots of info.