what the fuck is up with SUM 41 crap

Tommy Lee and Rob Halford played shout at the Devil and you got another thing coming at MTV's 20th anniversary show. I can't believe they actually did that. What were Tommy and rob thinking. Plus, what's with Kerry King doing a solo in a fucking Sum 41 video. Very Disappointing. How gay. Then I find out and see a gay IRon maiden sort of video they did off their first album that looks like Iron Maiden's Aces High. Jesus christ they're HI-jacking Slayer, Maiden, Priest, and Crue. Who's next SABBATH, SEPULTURA, KING DIAMOND, METALLICA, MEGADETH. I wish they all go and Blow a fucking goats. SUM 41 SUKKKKKK. IT IS NOT METAL so why have metal players play with them

I think they are actually fans of those bands...they actually like some classic metal. As for why the guys in the classic metal bands appear live with them...I dunno. It's weird, but perhaps they think they are being "hip" or cool by doing so....most metalheads don't think they are being cool by doing that though, so it's a bit strange.

They actually love classic metal. They actually are going to move away from all the pop-punk crap they are doing, and their new album they are actually describing as "Melodic Slayer". I actually really dig the metal tunes they do, and am pretty eager to hear what their new album is gonna sound like.

Sorry but I don't see a problem with this. At the very least it will give classic metal some exposure with a younger audience. It seems everytime a newer band that comes out that attracts teenagers and say that Metal has influenced them, ppl get all uptight.

It's fairly clear why Iron Madien, Slayer, Judas has done stuff with these guys;
1) Sum 41 are metal fans
2) Gives exposure for their own band to younger generations so that maybe the band can last longer

King did a solo with Sum and I don't think it was all that great anyhow. Once again I don't see a problem with members of a band doing stuff outside of their music genre as long as it is seperated from the original band. Do rap, classical, jazz, country what ever, as long as the band itself stays true to it's fans and plays the music that the fans wanna hear.

A bit more than 2 cents of my thought!!!

Barnes & X...are completely right. You'd be out there with your fav. bands if you had the oppurtunity. Why don't we judge just solely on music. Just because they play some punk, metal and rap doesn't mean anything. They have every right to do so. Besides if it's gonna bring metal a little bit more into the limelight, well then why the hell would you be upset. It's not as if they are making a mockery of it.

i heard that iron maiden have asked sum 41 to open for them on their next world tour. it was on much music. its all good to me. being close minded certainly does not help the nf metal scene or any scene for that matter. (just my opinion)

Originally posted by overkill
i heard that iron maiden have asked sum 41 to open for them on their next world tour. it was on much music. its all good to me. being close minded certainly does not help the nf metal scene or any scene for that matter. (just my opinion)

Wow.. really??? I can imagine they are quite happy about that!