What the fuck is up with the new Cathedral?

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
... I had my fiance pick it up in Finland, since I'll be over there before it's out in the US.

So when I talked to her, she was talking about 'sniffle disc' and 'apple shaped CD' and... ffuuuucccccckkkk.

I can find no relevant information on this. Is the album itself an apple shaped CD that smells like apples? Or is that horseshit on a bonus CD? What relevance does apples have to a Cathedral album in the first place?

If the album itself is a shaped smelly CD, it has to be taken back because we can't play shaped CDs on her stereo.

If the shaped smelly CD is a separate CD in the package, I'm thinking it needs to be taken back anyway because it's a stupid fucking idea in the first place. A smelly CD?

If she already opened the thing (which she shouldn't have...), I'm going to smash it with a hammer.

If there is not a normal version of the CD released that I can buy, then I guess I'll never hear the new album from one of my all time favorite bands.

... and while searching for information on this dumb shit sniffle garbage, I started reading reviews. Man, I think the Cathedral I've been listening to is a different Cathedral, because none of these reviews make any sense to me when talking about Cathedral's past other than the (ex- Napalm Death) everyone puts after Lee Dorrian's name.

fuuuuccckkkkkk.

I also had her pick up the new Arcturus, no word if it's in a stupid digipak or other marketing gimmick that has nothing to do with music, but I have heard universal scorn for the album so that's something to look forward to this December. *sigh*

What do you mean whys it shapped like an Apple? The album is called The Garden of Unearthly Delights...I think you smart RCers can put one and two together.

How potent would the smell be? I mean, nobody wants their cd player smelling like a french prostitute.