What the hell is ozzy thinking??

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Read this, and then tell me that zakk is SO right its not funny, i just want to know im not the only one who thinks ozzy has lost all his brain cells to drugs and alcohol. I cant BELIEVE he even has to be convinced of this......... I think that the metallica disease is spreading.......

In Zakk Wylde news, he and his Black Label Society band are touring with Ozzfest, on the backs of their new Alcohol Fueled Brewtality Live!! + 5 2CD set, out now on Spitfire, featuring a wild acoustic version of ‘Snowblind’ and the band’s behemoth rendition of ‘No More Tears’. And slowly, between the cracks, he and his chapter are working on the next Black Label album. But of course, Zakk’s other big concern is writing and recording for the next Ozzy Osbourne album (due out in October), a record he will be touring as well. Stone Cold Steve Austin is also getting the benefit of the Zakk attack, something Wylde was working on in between interviews.

Here’s Zakk on the progress of the new Ozzy. I usually, as a rule, edit out 2/5 of the fuckin’’s and 3/7’s of the fucking’s, but Zakk’s particular parlance has been left intact for the following update. His poetic delivery really gets the urgency of the situation across. Who will Ozzy listen to? Which Oz shoulder does Zakk hover above? Pitchfork or wings? Bat or dove? Halloween album or Christmas album? Pictures at eleven.

"You know, there's nothing wrong with us putting ‘Mama I'm Coming Home’'s and shit like that on there, but at the same time I was telling Oz, the goal should be to try and beat No More Tears. But I mean, that album was ten yeas ago. So I told Oz, that thing is the benchmark; this should be a heavy record but it should still have the ‘Mama’'s on it. But looking at the Ozzfest, I was telling Oz, kids want to hear some fucking heavy stuff. It should be like 'damn, you should hear the new Ozzy stuff!' You know what I mean? It shouldn't be like 'oh yeah, I heard the new Ozzy record, whatever.' What's the fucking point in doing it then, you know? Ozzy has sung on about seven tracks right now. Lemmy does a lot of the lyrics. And I've got a bunch of fucking heavy stuff I've been working on. But it's heavy, so hopefully it will all make the fucking album."

Who are the other people involved?
"I think Dave Grohl wrote a tune for it. But it's a big business thing too. I mean, I remember that they were fucking trying to get that fucking motherfucker from The Offspring to write a fucking track and I said you are fucking out of your fucking... what, are they handing crack around this place?! A guy from the fucking Offsping?! That guy wouldn't know a heavy riff if it landed on him. And they're like (in a weasel voice) 'well, you know, they sold laaatsa raaacords.' It's like, I don't give a fuck! You know, fucking Backstreet Boys are selling more records than anybody. What are we going to do? Put one of their fucking songs on the record!? Get the fuck out of here. It's like, you can go up and perform that shit, you know what I mean? You'll be able to play it once, and you'll get a fucking broken bottle over your head, and you'll be in a fucking cast. It ain't gonna be my ass up there."

So that begs the million dollar question: is it sounding heavy?
"Well, I'm trying my fucking damndest. I mean, obviously some of these other ones, you know, some of them might not make the record. Some of them might, you know what I mean? But I'm trying to do everything I fucking can to make them fucking heavy. And I've been explaining to the producer Tim Palmer, dude, we can't be fucking making a cheese fluff fucking album. You know, if I gotta make a fucking Aerosmith record, fucking shoot me now. You what I mean? And it's like, 'well, they're selling lots of records.' You know what, though? Who fucking cares?! They suck!! I'd rather fucking... you know (sighs)... it’s just like fucking, have something you're proud of, man, not that fucking piece of shit."

Sharons got Ozzy by the balls it would appear.Isuspose if his solo album is crap maybe the Sabbath Album won't be , who the fuk knows . Sounds like Ozzy's getting tired & lazy in his old age.
But over the years he has always i feel come up trumps - No more tears is a excellant Album , Ozmosis no so good but ok.
But devoted as i am if Ozzy released an Album of farts I would buy it. The thing that shits me is they must be sitting on a goaldmine of unreleased stuff from Both Sabbath & randy but won't issue it.

What the Ozzman needs to do if he wants to tap into the contemporary audience and retain his existing fans at the same time is record an album like Alice Cooper's Brutal Planet. This one sounds *very* modern, the heaviest thing I've heard from Alice in a long time, yet it doesn't compromise his sound or try to turn him into some generic hardcore wannabe.

Just as an afterthought, I don't know why Ozzy is even bothering to do another solo record. Now that Sabbath are back (YAY!), shouldn't he be concentrating all his energy on them?

W

Bucko: I agree, ozzy nearly always delivers, and i suppose i shouldnt bag the album before hearing it. Its just that when i read what zakk said i agreed with him 110%! I think its a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth for his new one, but ill wait and see :)

Wrathchild , yeah I don't really follow that either, i would just like a new Sabbath Album and Aussie tour to suport it HA hAAAAA.

Spawn it appears that too many people are involved with his solo effort by Ozzy but thats what happen on Ozzmosis Zakk, Steve Vai, Lemmy even Rick Wakeman (from SBS fame)etc a cast of fuking thousands.

I like a man who speaks his mind! :)

From an interview with Zakk Wylde:

From an interview with Zakk Wylde:Going to the other extreme, you’ve been on Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder’s case a lot in the past - why does he annoy you so much?
Because he’s a fucking candy-ass pussy, that’s why. What the fuck is he always complaining about? Maybe he should just go and work at McDonalds instead.

It’s strange that you dislike Vedder, because, like yourself, he seems to spurn the trappings of celebrity and be very much his own man…

Yeah, but his constant whining fucking annoys me. He whines about being a fucking rock star, and he talks about art and things like that. You know what, man, sing your goddamn song, get the fuck off the stage and shut the fuck up, motherfucker. You’re not a politician - and if you want to be, stop being a rock star and go the fuck into politics instead.

In Black Label we have our problems as well, but instead of just moaning about them, we’re about taking a brick and smashing it into their heads. Vedder’s so lame. If somebody punched him in a club, he’d probably cry. I’d just take a chair and use it to smash the motherfucker’s teeth in. That’s what Black Label’s about.

:lol: Zakk is the man!!

Although I've been told by a *VERY* reliable source that Zakk has been known to at least on one occasion have pissed into an empty beer glass and proceeded to drink it down with the same enthusiasm he normally drinks the other kind of 'piss' :eek:

Winmar: I read that bit about eddie vedder too, maybe zakk shouldnt hold back and tell us how he really feels! :lol:

Coops, if i drink my own urine, will that make me as good a guitar player as zakk? Maybe its the nutrients or something............ :D

Bucko: Yeah, i know, and it seems like all the people involved are telling ozzy to do songs like matchbox 20 and not OZZY as he should :)

Hahaha I've watched a couple of my mates drink OTHER people's urine by the cupful! (with vomit mixed in also one of the times) :D hahahaha. Now that isn't a nice thing to see.

By the time I'd be ready to drink a cup of my own piss, I'd be so drunk I'd be pissing straight beer anyway...

:p

When I look at what this thread has degenerated into, I'm SO relieved I don't drink :lol:

But seriously, perhaps Ozzy just means Sgt Pepper in the career-defining sense. That is the first album people think of when someone mentions The Beatles, rather like Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon or Deep Purple's Machine Head.

Also, Sgt Pepper is pretty damn heavy in spots. Anyone heard A Day In the Life lately? Not very metal I know, but some of the orchestration is phenomenal!

W

Originally posted by The Trooper
Hahaha I've watched a couple of my mates drink OTHER people's urine by the cupful! (with vomit mixed in also one of the times) :D hahahaha. Now that isn't a nice thing to see.

You are one sick puppy Troops - and as for your friends ...........well what can I say ........ does anything need to be said after that interesting piece of information you ust shared with us.........;)

Tish