What to make of Opeth's lyrics

Mikael is not Satanist, he says that his lyrics are influenced by his hatred of the evil in the world that may pose a threat to his children, and yet he writes lyrics about satan and family members killing each other and such. I'm not seeing how these three things fit together...can anyone explain if you understand?

Mikael is not Satanist, he says that his lyrics are influenced by his hatred of the evil in the world that may pose a threat to his children, and yet he writes lyrics about satan and family members killing each other and such. I'm not seeing how these three things fit together...can anyone explain if you understand?

There is also talk of Satan and family members killing each other in the Bible. Lots of it actually.

Get over it.

Human nature is complex... and we (humans) put a concept to every thing that we behold or do, and to oversimplify our life we tend to associate a lot of things to each and every one of those concepts... then for some political reason that concept is labeled as good or bad, and we are taken away from the nature of those acts... to me the lyrics in ghost reveries talks about a part of human nature that we want to avoid... and its our responsibility not to renegate of that part, but to recognize/be aware of our own nature and know how to live with it...