What was theproblem between Devin and the Symphony X fans?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I just read this on Devin's official page:[/font]

--
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A little update from Dev regarding some incidents with the SYMPHONY X audience on the last tour :

Symphony X fans,
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was childish and stupid in the way I treated the symphony x audience. I am sorry for acting so immature, and I can assure you that I have learned a lesson from the experience. Symphony X was wonderful to tour with, and I thank them for the opportunity. I am sorry to anyone I may have offended, it was wrong of me to say much of what I said onstage.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Devin Townsend[/font]
--

Anyone fill me in on what happened? Either way, it's a very uncommon thing for an artist to apologise to ANOTHER band's audience. Shows how mature he is and open to learn from his mistakes. If he made any, that is.

A bunch of the Symphony X fans didnt like Devin that much, and apparantly some of them were being jerks about it. Devin didnt like it that much... if you search this board theres like a million pages of argueing.

I thought he was VERY FUNNY!!

I didn't take his actions serious, just thought it was an act. And besides if you just took the time to talk to him or any of the guys in his band you would of found out he was really not like that at all. Really cool guy/guys!!! Very humble like and down to earth. IMO!!
I miss them lots, never even heard them b-4 that tour and was having a great time seeing them (nummerous times) following SYMX around. At the end I got to say my good byes and have been sad about it since. I hope they come back soon.:wave:

you know how devin is, he likes to play around with his sick jokes. most SX fans didnt know that devin is like that on stage. its just the way he is. some SX fans WERE being dickheads though