What would annoy you more at Bloodstock...

I don't think either the grunger or the scally would annoy me. Provided they were genuinely there for the music then the t-shirt doesn't matter. Of course if they were gobbing off then they would deserve pain. Now sneering media coverage before or afterwards, now that WOULD hack me off. You know the thing I mean. Every mainstream piece I've ever seen trots out the same cliches about leather jacketed hordes listening to their horrible music. Aaarrghh.
And on the subject of Kurt Cobain.. I hate that man with a vengeance. Ever since Nirvana suddenly got hyped to the skies Rock music has been no fun whatsoever. Endless variations on the theme "Poor Me". And don't let me get started on how Kerrang sold Metal out...

^ I know exactly what you mean about the media coverage. Kerrang always calls festivals like bloodstock 'dinosaur stomping grounds' or some other such idiot term, not realising most of the bands present have been formed in the last 10 years or so, and that a great many fans are under 20 years old. Then they review it nicely, it's completely hypocritical.

I will cherish seeing that copy of Kerrang from 1981-2 with Saxon on the front cover in full chain mail. A great era indeed. Shame I wasn't around to enjoy it.

I don't think either the Nirvana guy or the Kappa would come to Bloodstock alone...

Speaking of the first impressions I happen to own both a Nirvana hoody (bought for me years ago) and a slipknot hoody (given to me by my boyfriend aaaaages ago after he'd bought it back in his early teens) I don't wear either of them outside the house really, I wear them when I'm just moping around the house when I'm ill or cold or whatever, but I'd be sad if someone kicked my ass or scowled at me because of them, they say nothing about me or what I like (although they are traditionally worn to promote whatever band one favours). They're just items of clothing that keep me warm or save me wearing my favourite tops when doing something messy like painting or clay work etc.

Anyways that doesnt really mean much since no one would see me in the house really, but still if all my clothes got burnt in a huge fire save for my nirvana hoody, and this happened the day before Bloodstock, it would be torture to try and go and enjoy myself when so many tall people would be trying to maim/kill me :erk:

Ele

ele_is_crazy said:
Anyways that doesnt really mean much since no one would see me in the house really, but still if all my clothes got burnt in a huge fire save for my nirvana hoody, and this happened the day before Bloodstock, it would be torture to try and go and enjoy myself when so many tall people would be trying to maim/kill me :erk:

Ele

If that did happen and all your clothes became burnt then you could travel in a makeshift gown made of kwik save carriers and then you could buy some bloodstock merch on arrival. Failing that you could come naked. Now that you know these alternative options if you still come in a Nirvana hoody then I will try to torture, main and kill you!

was speaking to a woman tonite who's 9 year old daughter was really into Nirvana...... I just thought..... you were 2 when he blew his head off..... how sad!!

Sorry I'm Pissed as hell, and very random....... soz :D

Haha, on a similar note to ele, I still own a Foo Fighters hoodie that I bought a handful of years ago. I never wear it but it stays in my wardrobe so it looks a bit more populated... It doesn't even fit me anymore :-/

Well, I wpuldn't beet the scally on sight. A mob of them recently started hanging out in out local rock club, but they know their metal, and are cool with people.
My best friend is a nirvana fan, while I can't stand them. She does have excellent taste in music though.
Trendies try to beet metalers on sight when drunk, and I'd rather not lower myself to that level.

Well, to be totally honest the most annoying thing I could possibly imagine at bloodstock was there at 03.

What annoys me nowadays:

People who were into Nu-Metal a few years ago, but now it's uncool they have moved onto something else, the big trend, and I stress "Trend" is to move onto Black Metal...but not real black metal oh no, Black Metal is dead and gone, these people now listen to Cradle Of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon and all the other Poser bands that it's cool to like and believe them to be credible bands

I've seen recently lots of people in Mayhem and Burzum tops and these people have no idea what the hell they are going on about, I spoke to a guy in a Mayhem hoodie about which was his favourite Mayhem album, he said that he heard Mayhem "were cool" and just bought it to wear, never heard their music.

I saw a guy in a Burzum top holding hands with his Black Girlfriend :OMG:

So my most hated thing would probably be this, let me paint you a picture....

Girl
pasty white skin
spots
probably too fat
those shitty little braids in her hair, pink or purple
CoF T-shirt that says "Jesus is a cunt"
Probably still likes Marilyn Manson
Big Pants
Stripey tights

Long story short...

Fucking Poser Bastards

Die!!!

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
So my most hated thing would probably be this, let me paint you a picture....

Girl
pasty white skin
spots
probably too fat
those shitty little braids in her hair, pink or purple
CoF T-shirt that says "Jesus is a cunt"
Probably still likes Marilyn Manson
Big Pants
Stripey tights

Long story short...

Fucking Poser Bastards

Die!!!

:tickled: You are absolutely right there mate. That CoF shirt is only worn by immature kids to provoke reaction.

I have to admit though, I don't actually mind Dimmu Borgir. They are not the most original band around and I don't listen to them often but I couldn't honestly say I hate them.

I really dislike it though, when people wear shirts by bands that they don't even listen to. It kinda reminds me of the young nu-metal fans (usually aged around 10 - 15) that wear Metallica 'Kill em All' shirts yet they only got into them through St. Anger. That really annoys me.

So I can definitely relate to what you said there!!

Actually, I used to like some of the said nu-metal wank, but I completely renounce my elder beliefs, and I only bought 2 nu-metal albums which I later burned.
It was all done to impress a female in year 9. Ahhhh dear.

Death to false metal. Amen.

kappa? i think i would just wonder if they had wandered into the wrong place.. or if they were looking for trouble.

Made me laugh in 01.. where they had that like black music thing going on outside with lots of decks and scratching! then all of us were there wandering in to hear the likes of 54, blaze and saxon!

think id rather see the nirvana hoody

Well like has been said at least the Nirvana dude might realise after Bloodstock that Nirvana suck balls and that the bands at Bloodstock fucking ruled so then gets into that sort of music :p
The other guy sould just be put in the full on mosh pit and see how they cope :p

One thing that would piss me off a lot is a group of Nu-metal fans who went ujst because they lived locally and then I overheard them saying how shit all the bands were and that bands like Slipknot and Korn rule...I'd have to set them straight like.
Another thing is why the fuck are all the fit goth chicks lesbians? haha!!
(don't let my girlfriend see this ;-))
Oh and not really a major thing but it kind of sucks having to pay £150 to get to Bloostock...last year I paid for my mate aswel :-S
Ah well it's well worth it though! Bring on 2004!

Tbh id be more annoyed by a bunch of heavy metal snobs judging people by the clothes they wear and the bands they listen to. Newsflash guys it is in fact possible to listen to and enjoy more than one genre of music. I myself do enjoy listening to nirvana on occasion but i also listen to bands such as symphony x and ayreon, I have friends who do indeed wear tracksuits and baseball caps and yet they listen to Pantera. Put simply: Never judge a book by its cover.

Oh and, Judge not lest ye be judged yourselves!

ahh grow up turambar, the worlds a nasty place... you get judged evey day, who cares... both would annoy any true metal head, if your mates wanna listen to metal (first of all listen to something better than pantera) and tell them to shed their nasty old ways and lose the kappa clobber... denim and leather all the way!
by the way, if the books good, it tends to have a good cover...

wtf is a true metalhead exactly? someone who decides he cant like certain bands because they dont wear the right clothes? And tbh i havent seen a kappa tracksuit in about 6 years, people wear the clothes they like and listen to the music they like what gives you the write to judge someone of the basis of their taste? Fine judge someone by the acts they commit or the way they treat people but not because they dont live up to your archaic image of true metal. I suggest you grow up and widen your narrow mind.

ha, i chuckle at your young idealistic student mind... it would be nice if we lived in an ideal world wouldnt it, but we dont so fight the good fight, stand for steel and power, and honour in all its metallic forms!

Jonoleth said:
ahh grow up turambar, the worlds a nasty place... you get judged evey day, who cares... both would annoy any true metal head, if your mates wanna listen to metal (first of all listen to something better than pantera) and tell them to shed their nasty old ways and lose the kappa clobber... denim and leather all the way!
by the way, if the books good, it tends to have a good cover...

Oh good god. I'm attracted to this sort of post like a shark to blood.

This is possibly the most un-metal attitude I've ever seen. It is in fact closer to the mini-fascist townie attitude. 'You must conform to my expectations or by my royal decree you shall not be a Metalhead'. Please....

I'll take the metal attitude here and tell you quite sincerely to f*ck off. Your conformist attitude is so f*cking unmetal. I smell a closet Pop-Idol fan (ooh that Gareth, isn't he lovely?). A smelly leather jacket and ripped denims do not a metal-head make.. They make a person who owns a smelly leather jacket and ripped denims. Metal is about the music and the attitude, not the clothes. Anyone can change their clothes, that doesn't make them a metalhead. Being a narrow-minded ego-fascist c*nt doesn't either. Who needs to grow up? Please.. you're a townie in metal clothing.

TB.

ha... and you need to chill... jeez, if your into this whole freedom thing then why persecute me for being a 'fascist'...? i question your beliefs... im pissing around, i do beleive that image is part of metal but definately not the major part, its about the music and thats undeniable but you cant deny the truth that doth lie in that smelly old leathert jacket, its about being seen to be a metalhead, fight the fight as i say,if we all wore tracksuits or whatever then surely we would be conformists of another, if not worse nature... i pitty you... you seem closed minded which i never good... i was just ribbing this guy, get over yourself and off your high horse...