What Extream Metal bands would you like to see at bloodstock 03

Baletempest

Singer of Strange Songs
Aug 13, 2002
Far Above the Trees
Visit site
Just what Black/ Death/ Doom/ Goth Metal would you like at Bloodstock '03. simple, personally I think we are getting too power Metal Heavey, I have nothing against Power metal but Its not traditionaly my scene, the same goes for a lot of you out there (particuarly those of us who witnessed Bal-Sagoth last year,I waited at the barrier for an hour and it was wort every second:D), I've noticed a lot of support for Dimmu Borgir, In Flames and My Dying Bride, and I'd pay the full fee too see any of them, never mind all of them.

Yeah I must agree with you as regards to the variation of bands on the bill. A few bands like Immortal or Napalm Death would be great to break up the overdose of dodgy keyboards!
A couple of Stoner bands and some striaght forward metal bands would be nice as well from my point of view.

well from what i believe there are about 90 bands currently vieing for the last 8 slots...

so breaking that up between some straight forward heavy metal (saxon or 54) stoner (Marshan and Goblin! :headbang: ) and some doomer from Napalm sounds like a damn fine idea cos at the mo it looks like a damn big cheese fest like last year :puke: cept with Blaze... and 50mins of blaze dont seem worth £35 ATM :(

Personnaly i d love to see forest stream, they re a new band from Russia and play some of the best MDB style doom metal i have ever heard with the odd melodic BM flourish!

They have just released there debut album called ' tears of mortal solitude' it rules!

Yeah id love some extreme metal, rotting christ, opeth, my dying bride, dimmu borgir, in flames, marduk, dark funeral, behemoth, agathodaimon, mortician, hypocrisy or amorphis would be cool.
Forest stream seem good too, im yet to buy the album though

Napalm Death, Benediction, Opeth, Deicide, Rotting Christ, Vader(I wish), Mistress were good live and Decapitated

Children Of Bodom & In Flames would be my choice!

And we've already got Waylander (who seem very promising)

Too Baletempest,

Out of the thus confirmed acts. I only see 5 Power Metal Bands, Nightwish, Hammerfall, Masterplan (could be classed as traditional as some of their stuff sounds like rocked up Whitesnake) , Power Quest & Dragonforce,

others confirmed or to be confirmed include:
Waylander (extreme folky metal?!)
Paradise Lost (don't know what they sound like now but it's not power metal)
Blaze (Traditional Metal)
Biomechanical (sound like a modernized priest)
fulc (grunge/alternative metal)
Bates Motel (Not heard any but suppose to be like Black Label Society)
Mercury Rain (goth metal)

And to Marshan Man,

I agree with your suggestion for Saxon but whether you like it or not, it's the 'cheesy' Power Metal bands that brings the fans in. Not just from the UK but from Europe and places much further away. Bloodstock '02' was a far greater success then '01' And with the current line up '03' could be even better then '02'. That's how things progress. I do agree that there should be some extreme metal on display but go for quality bands.

Don't forget there's still at least 6 more bands to be confirmed!

My vote's in for some melodic death and black metal. Some In Flames, Children of Bodom (I can dream can't I!) or Thus Defiled would do fine thank you very much. I'd also love to see some Folk influenced black metal - Borknager, Vintersorg, Moon Sorrow or Finntroll (shame about their vocalist, anyone know if they're still touring?).

On the Death front, how about Nile or Immolation. Personally, I'd rather hear some more 'true' metal bands on the list. Primal fear, Grave Digger, Saxon, Dream Evil, Lost Horizon, Lordi would all get me ordering my ticket tomorrow :headbang:

However, I also agree with Eagle. The lineup this year's looking amazing so far. Very good selection and a good range of different bands. You can never have too much cheese though - Sonata Arctica anyone? ;)

Hummm....if I wanted a good line-up, okay the ideal line-up here is what it would be:

Death metal - Nile, Neurosis, Today Is The Day
Crazy metal - Khanate, Spaceboy, Rwake, Burning Witch, Cable
Black Metal - Immortal, Oceans of Sadness
Thrash/Speed - Testament
Stoner/metal- Marshan, Orange Goblin, Illuminatti, Sons of OTIS, Abdullah, Place of Skulls
Doom - Thee Plaque of Gentlemen, Greenhouse Effect, Pentagram,
Dot(.), HC Minds, Ewiz
Nu-metal - none
More mainstream stuff - Audioslave, QOTSA

I'd pay huge dollars to see that line-up

Finntroll (shame about their vocalist, anyone know if they're still touring?).

Their next release is going to be a acoustic ep i think. They seem to be hoping that the singer will be on it! but im not sure if they will be touring for it

Originally posted by Eagle
Children Of Bodom & In Flames would be my choice!

And we've already got Waylander (who seem very promising)

Too Baletempest,

Out of the thus confirmed acts. I only see 5 Power Metal Bands, Nightwish, Hammerfall, Masterplan (could be classed as traditional as some of their stuff sounds like rocked up Whitesnake) , Power Quest & Dragonforce,

others confirmed or to be confirmed include:
Waylander (extreme folky metal?!)
Paradise Lost (don't know what they sound like now but it's not power metal)
Blaze (Traditional Metal)
Biomechanical (sound like a modernized priest)
fulc (grunge/alternative metal)
Bates Motel (Not heard any but suppose to be like Black Label Society)
Mercury Rain (goth metal)

And to Marshan Man,

I agree with your suggestion for Saxon but whether you like it or not, it's the 'cheesy' Power Metal bands that brings the fans in. Not just from the UK but from Europe and places much further away. Bloodstock '02' was a far greater success then '01' And with the current line up '03' could be even better then '02'. That's how things progress. I do agree that there should be some extreme metal on display but go for quality bands.

Don't forget there's still at least 6 more bands to be confirmed!

i think popular bands from differnet genres would bring in large crowds from their respected fan bases... im an open guy when it comes to metal.. ill give anything and everything a fair hearing, then decide if i like it... im not, from what iv heard, a major power metal fan... but what ever floats ya boat... and id rather listen to 5 hrs of cheesy power metal than 3 secs of a 'cheeky girls' ''song'' ;)

i thought that the origonal premise of bloodstock was that if gave a chance to showcase a cross-section of the british metal scene... weither that be power, prog, trad, folk, grunge, stoner etc. :confused:

and as u say theres 5 powermetal bands and 1 or 2 bands from other genres... hence me sayin that it seems a big cheese fest.. i dont use cheese as a derogary term.. but tis how i veiw power metal... ( i know i used :puke: but hey... )

i maybe wrong on the 'british fest for british bands'.. and its no bad thing that euro bands get a look in and get premiare slots on the bill... for sadly they dont often come over here and give the uk fans much chance to see em.

i also think that 02 would have been a bigger success than 01, purely on the fact that it was the second year of the fest, and the organisers learnt from puttin on first fest and how to promote it better, and from word of mouth. and i hope 03 is bigger and better, and carries on to give real metal fans a great fest to call they're own and not have to share it with a 'dance tent' and a bunch of neds like a t the reading fest.

and the Blaze BB will continue its tradition of a week long camp around the bloodstock fest

also dont get me wrong... as much as i want Marshan on the bill, i know that to alot of ppl they are an unknown... and that if a bigger band say they want the gig, then they have priority, cos the bigger the band, the more likely they are to draw a crowd. but as a friend and fan of the band... i canne help it.. i want em to get the chance to play :headbang:

oh and from what little i know about Opeth.. they would be a great bloodstock band... :headbang:

How about Sodom, Annihilator, Mayhem (just as long as they don't play any stuff off Grand Declaration... and get rid of Maniac), Send More Paramedics (great thrashcore from the UK), Abcess would be good, and immortal too, but the mighty GRAVE DIGGER would be good. What about Noktunal Mortum also???

Odin's Warrior