Whatever happened to Trivium

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
One of the more promising young bands, imo. Great live band. Really had it all going for them, or so it seemed. Did 'Boat, Rudder' do them in? I see that they are touring in Australia in April. But I haven't heard anything about them recently. Their last album was probably their weakest, and sometimes that can really hurt a band that was moving as fast as they were.

In the studio doing a new album. Last two tours they did were Rockstar Mayhem and opening stadiums/arenas for Slipknot/Coheed. I think they'll be fine.

Not a fan though.

Yeah, it's a shame when people who don't understand certain styles of music is reviewing it ;)

Excuse me? I was following Trivium since their very first album. The Crusade was a piece of crap compared to Ember and Ascendancy (which is my favorite). However, to this date, I have only heard half of Shogun (and I know we talked about it about a year or so ago). :lol:

Plus, how can you talk to me about understanding music when you actually enjoy listening to Road Salt One? The only thing one should understand about that album is that they should quickly break it upon seeing it. ;)

Okay first, this is a strange thread. Not to call anyone out but just because they haven't been in the news lately, doesn't mean they're going downhill or anything. They're doing a new disc. They'll be fine.

HUH? "Shogun" is their best and most mature album. As much as I love all their releases, "Shogun" kicks the other discs butt by a mile.

I would have to agree with this completely.

Their worst album to me was The Crusade.

I remember reviewing this a few years ago for RockHard. I gave it a 4 out of 10. :lol:

I don't understand the problem people have with this album. I honestly think they grow more and more on each album. I'm not a big fan of the first two. With them it's like fans were all up in arms due to there being singing. God forbid a metal band not scream and growl for once.

In general though, I don't seem to get the hate Trivium gets. They seem to be along with Avenged, the one band that people either love or hate.

Excuse me? I was following Trivium since their very first album. The Crusade was a piece of crap compared to Ember and Ascendancy (which is my favorite). However, to this date, I have only heard half of Shogun (and I know we talked about it about a year or so ago). :lol:

Plus, how can you talk to me about understanding music when you actually enjoy listening to Road Salt One? The only thing one should understand about that album is that they should quickly break it upon seeing it. ;)

I think regardless of the music, we can all agree that it's one of the worst album covers ever. :lol:

Okay first, this is a strange thread. Not to call anyone out but just because they haven't been in the news lately, doesn't mean they're going downhill or anything. They're doing a new disc. They'll be fine.

Not really. The guy apparently didn't know if they were still together. I actually admit I haven't heard about them in a long time. I don't see it as being a strange thread.

Strange thread to me is when people post threads about "SHIT THE BEST DREAM EVER!"

nomisofsiman said:
I don't understand the problem people have with this album.

Uh...personal taste? It'd be like me saying "I don't understand why you love Halford so much."

It's just about whether you like something or not.

I know that. What I meant was just how extreme the love or hate is for the band compared to others.

Ahh, gotcha. Well, I think a lot of people that were really into the first two discs (my case) thought the slight direction change was a bit too forced. I still think Matt Heafy sings like crap on The Crusade, and a lot of the songs are weak. That being said, that instrumental on it was awesome.

Not really. The guy apparently didn't know if they were still together. I actually admit I haven't heard about them in a long time. I don't see it as being a strange thread.

Strange thread to me is when people post threads about "SHIT THE BEST DREAM EVER!"

Yeah but let's be real here. Shogun came out in 2008. They did a lot of touring for that album. Now it's 2010. That's not an excessive amount of time between albums. I could understand being confused if they're together or not had their last disc been released in 2007 or 2006 even but 2 - 2 1/2 years is pretty normal.

Yeah but let's be real here. Shogun came out in 2008. They did a lot of touring for that album. Now it's 2010. That's not an excessive amount of time between albums. I could understand being confused if they're together or not had their last disc been released in 2007 or 2006 even but 2 - 2 1/2 years is pretty normal.

Come on dude, there are days that I don't remember what I ate for breakfast. Give the guy a break. :lol:

album-the-crusade.jpg

Seriously, I can't believe this is the same dude who did Mastodon's Leviathan. Cheesiest POS I've ever seen.