What's everyone using for mastering software?

mva801

Nov 18, 2009
And I'm NOT talking about the plugins on your master bus.

I've used WaveBurner but I'm just not super happy with it. And my version is like 6 years old. Do they even update it anymore? When my bands can't afford a proper mastering engineer and I want to put together a cd with cd text, pq codes, isrc codes, etc. what are some good options?

The last couple times I've just been putting the master together in a separate pro tools session, offline bouncing the tracks, and burning a CD in iTunes. I figure there should be a more professional yet still cost effective option.

So, other professionals who need to deliver industry standard masters, what are you using??

I record mixes back into the Logic session through the line inputs of my neve clones and drawmer 1968me then just master from within the same session and export wavs then use waveburner for running order and ISRC codes and DDP image.

Sometimes I'll still use Sony's CD Architect but normally I just bounce mixes into a new project in Sonar, render out 24bit and then do any final trim dither etc in RX4.

Wavelab since many years back. Does everything I need and more. I generally use it for sequencing tracks and exporting to different formats though. I prefer the plugin handling in Cubase so I run the bulk of it there and render before sequencing in WL.