what's everyones favourite food?

Ohhh Donairs!!!!

I find that Atlantic Canada is about the only place in the world where you can find a donair! (Or garlic fingers for that matter)

So I don't know if anyone else even knows what these things are......

Ah yes! And the few places that do, don't do it right ;)
But yeah, now I am really craving a good ol donair.

So... what's a donair?
I'd probably go chicken Kiev, or Chicken Parmigiana

Hard to explain, but its meat that heats on this rotating metal thing and then when you order it they use this blade thing and shave off strips of it, and then they put them in wrap type beard and put on "donair sauce" which is also hard to explain, and then your choice for tomatoes, onions etc. Worth a try if you like meat though.

I think that's exactly what it is...? Maybe we call them "doner kebabs" here in Australia?

To be honest I dunno what the difference between a kebab, a souvlaki and a shawerma is. :( I like the ones from Ali Baba though, heh.

I think that's exactly what it is...? Maybe we call them "doner kebabs" here in Australia

Limbonic is right. It is pretty hard to explain.

But as always, wikipedia comes through: Canadian Donair

donair.jpg

It sounds like it's a Canadian variation of your "doner kebab"

Ohhh Donairs!!!!

I find that Atlantic Canada is about the only place in the world where you can find a donair! (Or garlic fingers for that matter)

So I don't know if anyone else even knows what these things are......

Tons of places in Vancouver, BC sell them as well as Chicken Shawarma and Falafel.

My favourite foods... I don't have a definate favourite but I'm big into Japanese... (Sushi, Teriyaki, Karagge etc.), Wild Game, and KD.

Hard to explain, but its meat that heats on this rotating metal thing and then when you order it they use this blade thing and shave off strips of it, and then they put them in wrap type beard and put on "donair sauce" which is also hard to explain, and then your choice for tomatoes, onions etc. Worth a try if you like meat though.
It looks like a place like that is going to open a few doors down from my shop. Yes baby, MY shop. Best of all, it's gonna be a metal record store, how about that? Opening December 1st! You reckon there will be some cool WoY promo going on, say around February 2007? Hehehe.
Getting back on the subject though, two guys were cleaning the counter there a few days ago (in the place a few doors down, obviously) and although stereotypes are not my thing, let's just say they definitely looked like "kebab-material". ;)
Should be nice for the metalheads hanging around the store to get a quick grab to eat if they stick around longer than they had planned. :loco:

Hah, I suppose so...
I had my first kebab experience after a cKy gig early this year... You konw the Corner Hotel? Just up the road from there (heading away from Richmond Station) is THE BEST KEBAB..KEBABBERY IN THE WORLD!

You mean the one that's right near the corner of Church St? That one isn't bad, yeah. :)

(Still, Ali Baba's the way to go, hehe...)