What's happening

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
'allo...

Well, I have my new computer, but the fun has only begun!

The good stuff: 1.6ghz processor, 40gig hd, 256mb ram... new monitor, printer. Excellent machine.

The bad news: This machine is BARREN! "Microsoft Works" is on this machine, but NOT Microsoft Word, so I have to drudge that up somewhere because the formatting I've already got for the newsletter just is NOT AVAILABLE on this machine now.

Also, of course all my email contacts aren't on this machine. If your email is something I should have, mail me so I can save it again.

Not to mention all my old files that made the old computer my little home.

Today (Feb 22) will be used transferring 374632 files (hopefully Word and Excel among them) and emails between machines, bah. And the Feb 26 issue is going to be late (Feb 19 already mailed out early this week), but I have M-T off my regular job so the March 5 issue should be mailed out by next Saturday and we should be all back on time and this machine should be as good as the old one as far as my convenience .

Ay ay ay ay ay... pain in the ASS.

The big plus: My computer works.

The cool plus: I'm expecting to have my own internet radio show quite soon now that I have a machine that can broadcast it. Stay tuned for more information... so if you have RealPlayer, you'll be able to hear all these bands I rant about...

I don't want to go into too much detail until things are confirmed...

But the 'standard' of the radio station I might be joining is Realplayer, but I know there are listeners who use other players... *shrug* I haven't had sound on my machine in over two years so I'm fuzzy, but believe you me, once I'm able to announce who and what and when, there are plenty of people associated with the station that'll be more knowledgeable than I on formats used and everything.

That make any sense? No? Shit.