What's on everyone's playlists lately?

I have never once listened to a Kid Rock record. What's a good place to start with his stuff?

It kind of depends on what your into. If you like metal and rap, go with the earlier stuff. If you prefer hard rock and southern rock, the more recent stuff would be better for you.

Been listening to some of this lately, didn't really listen to them much until now, what are the opinions here on them?

Last edited by a moderator:
(Not sure why the Youtube link does not get integrated when I post links. Using the Link button)

Yeah I heard the one song which was streaming some time ago, and it definitely sounded pretty good. I'm curious about the whole record.

Listened to the new Psycroptic record for the first time today. Mind blowing record.

And I listened to Sepultura's Roots today for the first time in years. While it's not as good as Chaos AD or Arise, still an amazing one in its own rights. Igor's drumming blows me away.

Haven't listened to Roots for, shit, million years... when did it come out, 1996? It was probably the first and the last year I listened to it. Still occasionally put on Chaos AD - their best record - and some of their newer shit like A-lex.

FNM - Superhero + Motherfucker
Can't wait for the new album.
+ a lot of their back catalogue.

Truly the most dynamic, original, genre bending, can't be labelled band still out there.

Not a big fan of live gigs on Youtube, but there are exceptions.

Love the German band "Rage". Here is a performance together with Hansi of Blind Guardian. My God is this great! :headbang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCst0ZdvLog

EDIT: Chile on Hell is definitely already an online live classic!

2015 is turning out to be great for me already. Armored Saint and Anthrax coming too. These are the albums i've been rotating-

Steven Wilson-Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Funeral For A Friend-Chapter And Verse
Murder By Death-Big Dark Love
Motor Sister-Ride

Truly the most dynamic, original, genre bending, can't be labelled band still out there.

Definitely. I could listen to The Real Thing in full forever and it would never get old. I like the first two albums with Chuck Mosley just as well.

Pretty excited about the new FNM too. King For A Day is one of my most favourite records ever.

Angel Dust was always my fave but lately The Real Thing hasn't left my playlist much. Zombie Eaters must be one of their greatest tunes ever.

FNM - Sol Invictus
Halestorm - Into the Wild Life
Armored Saint - Symbol of Salvation
Psycroptic - self-titled
Hatebreed - Perseverence
Testament - The Gathering
Anthrax - Soror Irrumator