Whats so great about Resonance 2 (need some info)????

Pierced Spirit

New Metal Member
Sep 1, 2001
San Antonio, Tx
Visit site
I wanted to get R1 and R2 but R2 seems like a plain ole greatest hits album. R1 sounds like the best one since it has songs arranged into acousitc versions. I could be mistaken, so can anyone give me some info on these albums?? Thanks

Well its cool to have the videos, but after a couple of plays, I have to say that I'm not all that happy with the musical content.

On 1, Eternity (part 3) (acoustic) and the Goodbye Cruel World cover are cool, the sound of the live track is excruiatingly bad and the rest is so so.

On 2, we have, of course, A Dying Wish, Hope, Fragile Dreams and
Empty, but placed here with the other tracks, they just don't have the same impact IMHO.

Though the artwork is cool, the disks are both digipacks (which as everyone know, dont last long) and there is a big fat ZILCH in the way of booklet/notes. Very poor.

Overall, both are a dissapointment. I picked up both for a cheap price, but I might trade them anyway.

Charlie

I love Resonance 1, but haven't yet picked up the second installation.

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of liner notes in the digipacks as well. It would have been interesting to read a history of the band or something of that nature.

Although the My Dying Bride 'Meisterwerk 1and 2' digipacks are similar in their lack of information... while the jewel case has plenty of interesting notes and photos.

Guess which one was released first?

hmmm, audiogalaxy definitely. they used to have them on the official site, but now that they released them on cd, they removed them from the site. their acoustic tracks (eternity III, far away, transacoustic) are all masterpieces. check out "better off dead", bad religion cover, too.

It's definitely not all acoustic, but it's all acoustically inclined, if you get my drift.

There's no rocking out kind of thing.