Whats so wrong with reunions anyway?

Mar 19, 2006
somewhere in the south
I have seen this discussion pop up a bunch of times and you always seem to have people that think it is a crime for a band to reunite. Personally I always saw as a chance for people who got into a band but were too young to see them in concert as a chance for them to see just why these bands are so good. Personal expereince lead me to think I would never get the chance to see The Cult but a few years ago that all changed and I thought it was so awesome.

Now comes the chance to see the original line up of Anthrax( with the exception of Turbin, thank fuck) and It certainly is not something that should be overlooked. I just hope they hit the area soon enough for me to see them.lol

theres nothing wrong with it. i was 1 of the unlucky ones to be too young to see joey thrax so ive grabbed this gift and will be seeing my 2nd reuion show next month and hopefully many more thrax concerts over the coming years

So all in all thank you anthrax for this.

Yeah, I partly know what you mean. Haven't had my chance to see Joey era yet, but who knows what the future holds. I got into a heated debate over that back on another thread (different band but same idea), and you would think these people were gonna have a stroke at the thought of a reunion happening.

My top concerts to see of the newly reunited is:
Judas Priest
Testament
Anthrax

It's not the matter of the reunion of a band itself being bad, it's WHY the bands reunite that is bad. For some bands it makes perfect sense, for others ya just gotta say "what the fuck???".

re unions are amazing, theres nothing wrong with them. ive seen so many great bands as a result that id never thought id get to see

Reunions are cool as long as the line up was strong enough to see a reunion. I was (and am) still stoked to be able to see 'Thrax with Joey and Dan, which I didn't manage to do first time around.

That being said, how many people would want to see a Blaze Bailey era Maiden reunion ?

freakbrother6969 said:
:lol::lol::lol::kickass::heh:

Nothing against a reunion or this reunion if it's only for some shows.
But to change an established lineup to do a $$$nostalgic$$$ 80s record?
No thanx!

You still have to see about that right.....so far nobody heard a note of the new songs.

Matt Bello said:
No reunion = No Spacebeer on NFMB
The reunion bring Spacebeer on this board, thank you Anthrax for the reunion. Imagine the world without Spacebeer.

spacebeer makes a lot of very good points that i agree with, his points are nothing worse than the snidey wee comments johnnieczech used to make around here

Carcassian said:
Reunions are cool as long as the line up was strong enough to see a reunion. I was (and am) still stoked to be able to see 'Thrax with Joey and Dan, which I didn't manage to do first time around.

That being said, how many people would want to see a Blaze Bailey era Maiden reunion ?

no way.

Reunions are a great thing when done right. Ripper Owens is a great singer but Rob Halford IS the voice of Judas Priest. Blayze Bailey, um well thankfully Bruce is back. John Corabi was an alright vocalist and the album he did with Crue was actually pretty good, but the Crue IS Vince, Tommy, Mick and Nikki.

I wouldn't mind hearing Tony Iommi and Dio record together again either...

For me though Anthrax pre SOWN was awesome but Anthrax SOWN and beyond was f’n amazing.

The two Maiden albums since the reunion were great, Angel of Retribution was great. Musically, after WCFYA I don’t see a new Anthrax album with Joey being a step forward for the band. That’s musically though, unfortunately it will probably a slight financial step forward.That’s why the music industry sucks sometimes.

That being said, I never got the chance to see them with Joey and would go if they make it through Cleveland one more time.

And even though Axl Rose is a fuck nut who can’t sing anymore,. Is Rose/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Adler get back together…. I’ll be first in line at the ticket counter.