Whats wrong wiv sum of you?

DeathRider11

New Metal Member
Apr 1, 2005
Dudes, why all the aggro?
This probably isnt permanent.
JOHN BUSH SAID HIMSELF HE IS FINE WITH THIS REUNION; SO WHAT THE PROBLEM?
Its great isn't it:
Anthrax decide that after 20 years, they wood bring back their classic line up for A STRING OF DATES to treat the fans. And for what? For loads (but not all...) to just keep bitchen about how it all for money and that they just kicking everyone out. BOLLOCKS. They're doing summat megacool and you all shoot them in the face for it.

JOHN BUSH is having time off to spend with his wife and NEWLY BORN DAUGHTER. The last 4 years has been non-stop for the band.
ROB CAGGIO has other projects he wants to do for a bit.

Dudes, just enjoy being able to see this line-up again, i know I am (infact I never did the first time :loco: )
the WCFYA line up will return. Just you wait

Where did you read / hear that John Bush said he is fine with the reunion??

I'd be happy with Anthrax going full on with Joey again. Bush may have been popular but look at the Maiden scenario when they kicked Blaze for Dickinson. There was uproar with some fans who loved Maiden/Wolfsbane but there were also a load of older fans who fucking loved the change.
Just like im loving this one :)

[QUOTE='Thrax]I'd be happy with Anthrax going full on with Joey again. Bush may have been popular but look at the Maiden scenario when they kicked Blaze for Dickinson. There was uproar with some fans who loved Maiden/Wolfsbane but there were also a load of older fans who fucking loved the change.
Just like im loving this one :)[/QUOTE]

Comparing John Bush to Blaze should result in a painful death.

Delphi - your posts are giving me a bad vibe that you know that Bush (and Caggiano) are gone for good(?).

[QUOTE='Thrax]I'd be happy with Anthrax going full on with Joey again. Bush may have been popular but look at the Maiden scenario when they kicked Blaze for Dickinson. There was uproar with some fans who loved Maiden/Wolfsbane but there were also a load of older fans who fucking loved the change.

Holy Shit! There is a HUGE difference between Bruce Dickinson and Joey Belladonna. To even comapre the two is insane!!! Bruce Dickinson is a metal legend. Joey Belladonna with Anthrax is nowhere near what Dickinson was to Maiden. Same thing for Blaze... he wasn;t nearly to Maiden what John Bush meant to Anthrax.

Who here saw Joey Jordison play with Metallica last year? I did and I felt privileged to see that one time only show. I mean, there will be plenty of chances to see Metallica and Slipknot in the future, but almost definitely never again any sort of crossing between the two bands. Same day we saw Damageplan play Pantera's "Walk", which no one will ever see again, at least not with Dimebag. And without Dime on guitar it will never be the same. Same for Anthrax. I mean, sure, this isn't such a rarity because it's been done before, and as I understand they are doing a string of dates. But still, you probably aren't going to get to see this again. What the hell is the point in going to see a band if it's going to be exactly like the album? Might as well just sit home and listen to the CD or watch the DVD. That's why good bands do things to make it more special, such as improvised guitar solos, switching instruments within the band, and ridiculous pyrotechnics, or in Slayer's case, raining blood. Anthrax are just taking that a little further. I personally prefer John Bush on vocals, but I feel lucky to get this chance to see them this way. It's something different, something less common. Be glad they give a shit about the fans enough to even come up with such an idea and go to the effort to make it happen. I'm sure they didn't have the old members in a box in the basement where they could just pull them out at will, it probably took some chasing up. Also, it's their band, their lives, their choices. We all have our own choices. If Anthrax want to change the line up for a few shows then they have that choice. The festival owners have the choice not to play them. You all have the choice to buy a ticket. You don't have to, and if it bothers you that much, then don't go. It's not like Anthrax are your slaves. If they want to revert to a past line up, that is their choice. As I said: their band, their lives. Don't be so damn ungrateful. It is their choice. I imagine they could quite easily live off the money they already have from previous albums/tours till they die, so they don't have to tour ever again. Even if they don't have that much money, they could always just give up and get regular jobs. Just be glad they are all still alive to be able to tour.

This goes for all bands. You don't own them. Dumbasses.

Edit: I do realise that all the replies so far have been positive, authors of said replies aren't the people I address.

To some Joey is a fucking legend too, equally if not more to Dickinson. It's all about preference.
I want to clarify, that I meant a lot of people disagree and a lot agree with the change. It's happened with other bands just like it's happened here.

jdelpi said:
Comparing John Bush to Blaze should result in a painful death.

i agree...

I liked but wasn't a big fan of Maiden or Priest and never put them in same catagory as anthrax....
Saw Priest with Halford and Owens, Halford is Halford, but Ripper Rocked!!! he had range and more power.

Guess i like Power, Heaviness, Range, Depth and Emotion over speed and squeels.

bush.bmp

[QUOTE='Thrax]Agreed Styxx. But I still prefer Joey :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you don't act like you own the band and they have to do all you say

[QUOTE='Thrax]To some Joey is a fucking legend too, equally if not more to Dickinson. It's all about preference.
I want to clarify, that I meant a lot of people disagree and a lot agree with the change. It's happened with other bands just like it's happened here.[/QUOTE]

To me, someone would have to of had some sort of relevance over the past 13 years to be considered a legend. Just sayin....

[QUOTE='Thrax]To some Joey is a fucking legend too, equally if not more to Dickinson. It's all about preference.
I want to clarify, that I meant a lot of people disagree and a lot agree with the change. It's happened with other bands just like it's happened here.[/QUOTE]

and some prefer Steve Perry with Journey, or is that Joey Belladonna with Anthrax? i get those two confused...

sorry i had to say it lol....

bush.bmp

Nah, I just support them and If I like what they are doing then cool. If not, I dont buy the record or whatever it is. I still remain a fan, even though I dont enjoy bush as much as others.

You guys got the wrong impression, I just meant the transition of changing back to older singers. For some it was a marvel, others not so much.

I agree with Styxx also.
I actually think the majority of people are excited about this. Just the minority are whinging in bigger numbers. Meh who cares.

Damn whining minorities.

'Thrax, personally I've go no problems with that. Have an opinion. Please. Too many people don't. Too any just copy peers. I couldn't give a crap if you said the chick from Evanescence would sound good fronting Anthrax. I'd tell you that's a hella dumb plan, and I'd probably tell you you're wrong. But I wouldn't be pissed at you for this. Suggestions and orders are two very different things.

Night all.

Styxx said:
Who here saw Joey Jordison play with Metallica last year? I did and I felt privileged to see that one time only show. I mean, there will be plenty of chances to see Metallica and Slipknot in the future, but almost definitely never again any sort of crossing between the two bands. Same day we saw Damageplan play Pantera's "Walk", which no one will ever see again, at least not with Dimebag. And without Dime on guitar it will never be the same. Same for Anthrax. I mean, sure, this isn't such a rarity because it's been done before, and as I understand they are doing a string of dates. But still, you probably aren't going to get to see this again. What the hell is the point in going to see a band if it's going to be exactly like the album? Might as well just sit home and listen to the CD or watch the DVD. That's why good bands do things to make it more special, such as improvised guitar solos, switching instruments within the band, and ridiculous pyrotechnics, or in Slayer's case, raining blood. Anthrax are just taking that a little further. I personally prefer John Bush on vocals, but I feel lucky to get this chance to see them this way. It's something different, something less common. Be glad they give a shit about the fans enough to even come up with such an idea and go to the effort to make it happen. I'm sure they didn't have the old members in a box in the basement where they could just pull them out at will, it probably took some chasing up. Also, it's their band, their lives, their choices. We all have our own choices. If Anthrax want to change the line up for a few shows then they have that choice. The festival owners have the choice not to play them. You all have the choice to buy a ticket. You don't have to, and if it bothers you that much, then don't go. It's not like Anthrax are your slaves. If they want to revert to a past line up, that is their choice. As I said: their band, their lives. Don't be so damn ungrateful. It is their choice. I imagine they could quite easily live off the money they already have from previous albums/tours till they die, so they don't have to tour ever again. Even if they don't have that much money, they could always just give up and get regular jobs. Just be glad they are all still alive to be able to tour.

This goes for all bands. You don't own them. Dumbasses.

Edit: I do realise that all the replies so far have been positive, authors of said replies aren't the people I address.

Well that's fucking wonderful. I guess I'll be the first person to yell at you.

YOU DON'T GO TO A FUCKING CONCERT TO SEE SOMETHING DIFFERENT. YOU CLEARLY HAVE NOT BEEN TO A SINGLE ENJOYABLE CONCERT IF YOU BELIEVE THAT. YOU GO TO A CONCERT FOR THE SAKE OF SEEING THE FUCKING BAND RIP IT UP LIVE, AND THE INHERENT ENERGY.

Saying that Anthrax is taking Slayer's "Raining Blood" thing a bit further is just fucking ridiculous! They're taking a shitty singer in the place of a good one! That's not a gimmick, that's just annoying! Joey has never, EVER had the ability to do What Doesn't Die. Or Safe Home. Or Nobody Knows Anything. Or Only. He will be wailing into the mike the whole time, straining to sing them low, and doing that vocal-vibrato shit that's supposed to make you think "wow what a talented singer" but really makes you think "wow what a fuckup."

YES! THE OLD LINEUP! I LOVE THE OLD LINEUP! THEY MADE ME GET INTO ANTRHAX IN THE FIRST PLACE! That's wonderful. At the same time, that's not a reason to have such an extended tour. Ozzfest? Fuck it, you see Testament doing Ozzfest? NO. They are doing a handful of Euro dates, THEN GOING RIGHT BACK TO THE FUCKING HEADLINER WITH THE CURRENT LINEUP. Why? Because THEY understand that their current fans are very interested in the old lineup, but at the same time prefer what Testament IS, not what it WAS 15 years ago. Unfortunately, Scott and Charlie have made the decision to fucking sell the shit out of integrity and have reached a point of "indecision" about recording with them. TESTAMENT ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO THAT. THEY'VE RECOGNIZED THAT THEY HAVE EVOLVED, AND IT BETRAYS THEMSELVES TO RECORD ANOTHER "PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH."

To this moment, I still don't believe that Scott would pull all this shit. I still think people should listen to me when I point out that Wu told us that his hands were tied in explaining all the rumors. I think that neither Scott nor Charlie would really do this, and that this is half tons-of-pressure from the label and half recompensation for the fact that they probably lost money after GOTE. They can't stand Spitz, they can't stand Belladonna, and that's mutual. They prefer Bush and Caggiano as musicians anyway. I think this is someone else forcing them, not their own decision.

Thrax, are you goddamn serious. I never figured out why the hell Maiden would bring up such shitty singer like Blaze Bayley. It was the only possible outcome to get Bruce Dickinson back. It´s completely different story with Anthrax (starting with that Bush without any doubt far better singer than Joey), they never were THAT mainstream-in metal. And now you see-Bruce Dickinson actually SINGS Blaze era songs! And they do sound better (Man On The Edge, Lord Of The Flies). No way Joey with his weak voice could sing any of the Bush era songs (of course, there was NO Bush era in THE REAL ANTHRAX, I´m sorry)