Whats so wrong with reunions anyway?

I guess Johnnie got the last laugh, as y'all are still talking about him...his voice was sorely needed around here.

I think it's clear where I stand.

freakbrother6969 said:
:lol::lol::lol::kickass::heh:

Nothing against a reunion or this reunion if it's only for some shows.
But to change an established lineup to do a $$$nostalgic$$$ 80s record?
No thanx!

Yeah, an album with Joey could be great of totally bomb. If it´s in the vein of Persistence I´ll buy it but I´m not too keen on a SOE - part 2.

Johnnieczech wasn't banned. He was just treated like an asshole by Brentney Spears who's a moderator and who's claim to fame is the thraxgram. Which is cool looking but Anthrax was never into that scene.

I'm done bitching about the reunion but for other people it's still either new to them or fresh in their head. You can't blame them for venting on this FREE public forum. Johnnie was a cool motherfucker on this board. It's a shame we lost him. Ty was alright too even though he had a big internet ego.

Anthrax had a song called Startin up a Posse on the Killer B's E.P. It's too bad the rules they sang about don't apply to their own forum.

Shit, Fuck, Satan, Death, Sex, Drugs, Rape, just don't bitch about the reunion.

With Ripper Owens I was thinking thank god at the time that:
1. Halford was releasing solo albums, that in my opinion crushed everything that Priest was releasing with Owens.
2. The return of Halford. Only for Owens to invade another band that I like alot, Iced Earth. Damn it!! This prompts me to go insane for an Iced Earth reunion pretty quickly. Matt Barlow is the voice of Iced Earth.

Same thing applies with Bailey and I always wonder why is it that everytime there is a best of Maiden set, they always have Bailey's version of Afraid to Shoot Strangers.

Iommi and Dio, that would be something to hear again. But alas something we would most likely never see, much like a true GnR reunion. Dio has said many times that he will never work with Iommi again. But they always do say, never say never. So you never truely know.

One thing is for sure, I await the day that Anthrax with Belladonna heads my way. I will make sure to get my tickets at least a month a head of time.

Bleearg said:
Who was banned???
I have to admit that I was mistakenly under impression that JC was banned from the forum by ... ah ... forces of nature. Well, just today I received an info from reliable sources that he was not banned, but chose not to appear here, at least for a while, because of ruthless cencorship inflicted on him by ... ah... the forces of nature. In this case I'm taking away my motion to ban Spacebeer. Instead - I propose to execute him by a firing squad at Guantanamo Bay or any other location at the choice of the members of the squad. Everyone may become a member by donating your fancy 80's hairdo to a local barbershop.

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
I have to admit that I was mistakenly under impression that JC was banned from the forum by ... ah ... forces of nature. Well, just today I received an info from reliable sources that he was not banned, but chose not to appear here, at least for a while, because of ruthless cencorship inflicted on him by ... ah... the forces of nature. In this case I'm taking away my motion to ban Spacebeer. Instead - I propose to execute him by a firing squad at Guantanamo Bay or any other location at the choice of the members of the squad. Everyone may become a member by donating your fancy 80's hairdo to a local barbershop.
LMFAO Spacey is the king of this board. He is the mullethead god. This guy is my hero.
:headbang: :worship:

InventorOfEvil said:
With Ripper Owens I was thinking thank god at the time that:
1. Halford was releasing solo albums, that in my opinion crushed everything that Priest was releasing with Owens.
2. The return of Halford. Only for Owens to invade another band that I like alot, Iced Earth. Damn it!! This prompts me to go insane for an Iced Earth reunion pretty quickly. Matt Barlow is the voice of Iced Earth.

Same thing applies with Bailey and I always wonder why is it that everytime there is a best of Maiden set, they always have Bailey's version of Afraid to Shoot Strangers.

I like that you made these comparisons, you can speak properly of reunions in some of these cases:
- Owens made 2 albums with Priest over some 5-6 odd years; Rob was the voice of JP so you can call this one a reunion;
- Bailey made one album with Maiden and stayed some 3-4 years with them; of course, Dickinson was THE singer for Maiden so yes, that one is a reunion too;
- Dio made 2 albums over 2 years with Black Sabbath, and then another one after being out for 10 years; their most recognizable period and the one that left the biggest mark was with Ozzy; if Dio joined forces with BS again, it wouldn't qualify as a reunion;
- Belladonna spent 7-8 yrs with Anthrax and recorded 4 full studio releases while contributing limited lyrics (if any); Bush on the other hand, was with Anthrax for 13 years, 4 full studio releases and contributed many lyrics; I don't Joey being the current singer qualifies as a reunion as much as a lineup change. If this is a reunion, then Bruce Kulick playing with Kiss is a reunion and Stu Hamm playing with Beatles is one too.

Arg_Hamster said:
I never had a fancy hairdo in the 80´s, I had a dorky bowl-cut when the cool kids had mullets. In the 90´s when the cool kids had flat-tops I still had a bowl-cut.
Sorry, Arg... You don't qualify for the mission :(. Well, unless you can sing "The Final Countdown" and play an air guitar at the same time, wich may give you a chance.

mentalmeltdown said:
- Bailey made one album with Maiden and stayed some 3-4 years with them; of course, Dickinson was THE singer for Maiden so yes, that one is a reunion too;

Bailey made 2 albums with Maiden ("The X Factor" & "Virtual XI")

InventorOfEvil said:
Now comes the chance to see the original line up of Anthrax( with the exception of Turbin, thank fuck) and It certainly is not something that should be overlooked.

I'm a little late to the thread so I don't know if anyone's mentioned this but I think you answered your own question right there.

Just as you say "thank fuck" Turbin isn't involved, there are MANY Anthrax fans who in the last 13 years have thought "thank fuck Belladonna's not back".

It's just a matter of opinion. And that's without getting into the whole "sellout" issue....

Sorry, Arg... You don't qualify for the mission :(. Well, unless you can sing "The Final Countdown" and play an air guitar at the same time, wich may give you a chance.

Nah... I only like "Rock the night", that one made me shake my arse at the class-discos.

Actually I´m happy I stayed with the bowl-cut until I grew it long when I was 16. Cuz that makes me a better person (or at least not so cheese-metal) than the mullet-kids right? :saint:

AlexStomp said:
Johnnieczech wasn't banned. He was just treated like an asshole by Brentney Spears who's a moderator and who's claim to fame is the thraxgram. Which is cool looking but Anthrax was never into that scene.

Shit, Fuck, Satan, Death, Sex, Drugs, Rape, just don't bitch about the reunion.

ALEX FOR PRESIDENT!!!!:headbang:

Reunions are great. But when you get rid of a vocalist like John Bush to accomodate a weasel like Joey, then its a crime

i think a reunion is gonna be great to hear.I mean john is a wicked singer and the thrax made some great albums with john as the frontman, but its gonna be good to hear joey and dan once again in the Thrax.

I had the Brian Bozworth haircut from about 1988 to 1990. Before that it was the dutchboy but a little longer. I might have been only 11 in 1988, but I had the LONGEST mullet in my class. Can I have an award for that?