What's the 2 main difference between the 2 Accolade's

progmetalgod

Sep 8, 2002
Wales, U.K.
The first Accolade was called 'The Accolade' but the second was called 'Accolade II', instead of 'The Accolade II'.

Does this mean Accolade II isn't an official follow up? ;)

Speaking of Accolade II...
(and I fully realize this makes me a 100% geek), but whenever I listen to it I can't help but think what an excellent background this would be for LotR:The Two Towers.

I can totally picture a video for Accolade II consisting of different clips and images from TTT... if I had some video editing skills (or an Apple) I might attempt to do it for my own pleasure. :D

lol...my understanding of the accolade and accolade II is that the first was about of course a knights templar..and in the end.. where it says 'the sword falls forever from his hands..(i didnt reread the lyrics so that approx. what it says)..i'm guessing is where he dies.. so in the accolade II...my idea is that his son is picking up where he left off and avenging his fathers death and carrying on the mission..to restore peace to his homelands..
Be it wrong or whatever, this is what i think the stories are about

and i agree lisa..it has a real lotr style about it doesnt it.. i am all into that medieval kind of stuff so this is all very interesting to me..and i am a full blooded lotr geek

Jessie Bannon said:
Speaking of Accolade II...
(and I fully realize this makes me a 100% geek), but whenever I listen to it I can't help but think what an excellent background this would be for LotR:The Two Towers.

I can totally picture a video for Accolade II consisting of different clips and images from TTT... if I had some video editing skills (or an Apple) I might attempt to do it for my own pleasure. :D

Hmm... interesting, heh. And as a video editor (by hobby, not profession), I'm tempted to consider this. I wanted to use The Accolade or Accolade II for a video earlier, but I'm daunted by the length. It took me 50+ hours to make a video with a 3 minute song. And that wasn't using live-action footage, which from my experience is a little harder to manipulate.

With your permission, I think I might do this once I buy the DVD of The Two Towers. And if you have any specific images in mind, I'd love to take any recommendations for it. If you really wanted, you could just send me how you'd arrange it and I could edit it all with the proper effects... you'd get half-credit, but this is just a hobby so credit doesn't matter too much.

Yngvai X: you got that right. :D

I'm with SilentRealm in thinking that "The Accolade II" is a sequel to the first "Accolade". Musically speaking, only the chord progression in the middle separates the two, IMO.

Yngvai X said:
Accolade II is great, but personally, I don't think any band's music fits Lord of the Rings better than Blind Guardian.

Umm... that's a bit obvious don't you think? Considering they have an entire album based on The Silmarillion. Making a video is no fun if there's no stretch... with Blind Guardian, everything is already there and waiting to be matched up. No fun.

Symphony X should take over Lord of the Rings. Russell should be in the movie. In fact, they should do a rendition of the movie on their own. Or some other fantasy book/film. More SX to the people!

SilentRealm said:
lol...my understanding of the accolade and accolade II is that the first was about of course a knights templar..and in the end.. where it says 'the sword falls forever from his hands..(i didnt reread the lyrics so that approx. what it says)..i'm guessing is where he dies.. so in the accolade II...my idea is that his son is picking up where he left off and avenging his fathers death and carrying on the mission..to restore peace to his homelands..
Be it wrong or whatever, this is what i think the stories are about

Actually, this is true. I read the same in an interview.

Flechdrop said:
Actually, this is true. I read the same in an interview.

Well good to know if i was right then lol, coz i wasnt sure.

And i remember we discussed a little about a SyX/LOTR thing on another thread.. Where it was said Russ would make a good Aragorn, though personally I think he would make a better Boromir looks-wise (he seems kind of cheeky like that too).
But who would everyone else be ?

i think jason could be a great elf, just dye his hair blonde...lol
michael romeo of course could be a dwarf, or maybe an old huge hobbit...asodjaojdoasjd <---(laugh)....hmmm maybe mike pinella could be a very good dark knight... :p

Romeo = Tom Bombadil!

lol.gif