Favourite chorus (but a little modified)

korruption

Amateur Dentist
May 13, 2002
Canada
This thread isn't just your favourite choruses but instead it's for any particular versions of the chorus you like.

Here's some of my favourites:

The Edge of Forever (2nd chorus - the way "and with it you fade away" blends in)
Evolution (3rd chorus - kickass backing vocals)
Fallen (2nd chorus onward - when Russell hits the high notes)
Dressed to Kill (Forgot when he hits the high notes here, so I'll just say the last few)
Accolade II (Last chorus, even though the entire song is perfect)

Yes I heard Accolade II and of course Kings of Terror from the new album, that's all I need though. I'm convinced! This is a must-have!!!!!!

Originally posted by korruption
This thread isn't just your favourite choruses but instead it's for any particular versions of the chorus you like.

Here's some of my favourites:

The Edge of Forever (2nd chorus - the way "and with it you fade away" blends in)
Evolution (3rd chorus - kickass backing vocals)
Fallen (2nd chorus onward - when Russell hits the high notes)
Dressed to Kill (Forgot when he hits the high notes here, so I'll just say the last few)
Accolade II (Last chorus, even though the entire song is perfect)

Yes I heard Accolade II and of course Kings of Terror from the new album, that's all I need though. I'm convinced! This is a must-have!!!!!!

Mine would definitely be:
-the final chorus in Out Of The Ashes
-same as you with The Edge Of Forever
-1st and 2nd chorus in Winter's Dream
-Thorns Of Sorrow in general
-not really a chorus, but I especially like that part of Candlelight Fantasia 'In twilight and faded time...

"Winds of change,
bring songs upon my memory.
An empty heart and soul intoxicates me.
This darkened page orchestrates my final destiny.
Not knowing what,
what tomorrow will bring" (candlelight fantasia)

the guitar riff during that section is fabulous! the whole song is a really nice piece of work, Allen also sings better in that song than he usually is used to sing

I'm with you Dieblo! Opeth is the second greatest band on earth, after Pain of Salvation. They don't exactly have choruses... but the songs are so damn good who cares?

Originally posted by blackstaRR

the guitar riff during that section is fabulous! the whole song is a really nice piece of work, Allen also sings better in that song than he usually is used to sing [/B]

eh eh well you'll be happy to know that there is the same kind of great guitar-stuff in Odyssey (the track) :)
i like that too :D

and i'll add "Triumphant - champion of Ithaca" that automatically force you to bang your head :D

and those ones too :
-"as the walls converge around me..."
-"The burning conflict I'm feeling [...]The end has begun"
-the "Dream on" part in Ttlg
-"Decades of greed, plague, famine and
war..."
-the headbanging "Born from the light"