Symbolic Symphony X

PoisonSeed said:
If you listen to the ending of "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" around 19:15 on the "Live on the edge of forever" album, just before Allen says "thank you everybody etc.", doesn't it sound to you like about half a measure of the intro to YYZ by Rush... Does to me at least. :p
It doesn't sound like the intro, it sounds like the ending. In fact, it's exactly the same as the ending. SX obviously did this on purpose (being Rush fans and all...) I didn't even bother mentioning this one cause I thought it was too obvious.

At approx. 3:56 in The Raging Seasons it sounds like a spray can going off or somebody spraypainting something for a couple of seconds... I can barely hear it when I play it on my PC but it's quite obvious on my Walkman. And no, it's not a corrupted MP3 because it's on my Special Edition SX CD. Is it the same for everybody else?

Hey all, first post!

I love this sort of stuff.

The very end of Inferno, the part where it fades out is the same thing that Romeo uses in the live version of On The Breath of Poseidon in the solo part.

Fallen Embers is right about all the V and Odyssey stuff. Those are good observations. I've also noticed that same delay effect on Candlelight fantasia, Odyssey, and Premonition.

Another really cool symbolic thing that always stood out to me in Symphony X songs is the lyrical change and voice change that takes place in Egypt. The main chorus "Gaze in these eyes my child and see, here by my side your destined to be... Fears in the night, flee with the sun, when we are one! Kingdom of gold will lay at your feet, ruler of time and space you will be. Rivers of truth, forever will run, when we are one!!!" in his normal voice changes to
"Gaze in these eyes my child and see, here by my side your destined to be... Fears in the night, chasing with the sun, now we are one! Kingdom of gold now lay at my feet, ruler of time and space I will be. Rivers of lies, forever will run, now we are one!!!" in a more evil and demon like voice.

Thanks!

Another one that I'm sure everyone is familiar with is the end of Revelation, which is the same melody in Divine wings of Tragedy, hence the (Divus ex Pennae Tragoedia) subtitle on the track, which translates of course into Divine Wings of Tragedy.

And the fact that they chose to make this connection between Paradise lost and DWoT is even more interesting when you look at the lyrics. The end of DWoT (The song) "And all I know is my paradise has begun" and then having the name of that song connect with a song on Paradise Lost.

Not sure if you all know, but John Milton also had another poem after Paradise Lost called Paradise Regained. A connection, or hint to future songs, perhaps?

I wonder if they got any influence from DooM in that part in Incantations of the Apprentice. He says "Wraiths of doom" and "Barons of Hell" which are two monsters that are both in doom and doom has lots of lakes of fire.

That's the connection I was talking about. I found it interesting that they wrote that before they wrote the stuff for the Paradise Lost album.

I wonder if they got any influence from DooM in that part in Incantations of the Apprentice. He says "Wraiths of doom" and "Barons of Hell" which are two monsters that are both in doom and doom has lots of lakes of fire.

That would be pretty funny. Russell is supposed to be a pretty big gamer though so it's not entirely impossible.