Which Symphony X song for a video?

I think it would be kinda cool for them to take the V album and put it on a music vid dvd and set the scenery to a mythological world and let it play out like a movie/opera. BTW, what do you guys mean cheesy Rhapsody video? Do they actuall have music vids? If they did I really could see how cheesy they would be.

WB Nica!! Hope you had a great trip!!!

I think all of your ideas are cool so far, I will spend more time reading and perhaps thinking up a suggestion when I'm not so tired..

More of my vision for TLTG:

part one: We see a woman exploring a mansion reputed to be haunted, and in one room, she finds one of the Symphony X masks. When she wears it, she sees ghosts (played by the band members) and other supernatural objects.

part two: Cut to live footage of the band, interspersed with a feast taking place in the mansion, which ends with one of the guests being murdered.

part three: The woman in the first part is blamed for the murder. She puts on the mask again and sees additional visions, corresponding to the song's lyrics. She decides to destroy everything in sight (this cut with more live scenes), and in the process finds two people playing a game of chess, one of whom is revealed wearing the other mask. The two then escape, and it ends with the pair running into a forest.

I think it would be a long video about all album V:The New Mythology Suite... spheres, Ptah-Khnemu, sea and sand, the essence of truth, Rules!

shit damn ie.. erased everything i wrote..

where was i..

Mr Shred-ididle said:
oh c'mon silent, its only 6:00.
yeah but i didnt sleep well the night before ;)

i think first up, wicked would be good.. you could have the band set up in the studio, whatever location doesnt matter because you wont be showing that, just close ups of them on their instruments and russ singing..and integrate that with like a movie scene of Russ (being the singer plus being such a ladies man) is the one who falls asleep on the grave and has the dream of being seduced by the woman, and playing the story out that way, with cutting back and forth between the two scenes, arranged well of course.

i think it would be important to try and cut down on the cheese and corn factors as much as possible, i cant stand that personally.

i like the accolade ideas for a storyline, though that would piss of alot of anti-knights templar people though to them i give a big STFU!! :D..though it would be at risk of being cheesy.

How about just a simple performance video for "Sea of Lies"? I think that would be awesome!

I still think one of the best videos ever made was for "Wake Up Dead" by Megadeth. Remember where they are playing in that airplane hanger inside the fence and the fans are outside shaking it until it finally breaks open? Talk about awesome!

Yeah, Wicked was another one I have always thought would make a great music video. I think that instead of a Russell dreaming it should be a kid in class or something daydreaming about this beautiful woman keeping his attention away from the class lecture. It would fit well with the lyrics since they describe the beautiful woman seducing and entrapping the protagonist saying "leave never from my arms". The woman could be keeping him from concentrating in class and it would relate to a lot of people (who hasn't daydreamed about a beautiful woman, or man for the women here). Also, the woman could represent anything that people think about that distracts them in everyday life, and how these things "seduce" or captivate them to keep daydreaming. The band could be shown playing in the daydream or the vid could just switch back and forth from the actual vid to the band playing, either way. Sometimes I see other meanings in songs (such as this one) even if they are not meant to be there. Who knows....maybe SX meant the meaning to be interpreted this way....prob not but they might find this interpretation quite interesting. They prob just wanted to write about the description of a very seducing woman!