Symbolic Symphony X

I believe the starting riff in "Inferno" is repeated at the beginning of
"Accolade II" with the piano.

Thats something I need to check... And yeh in 'awakenings' "my thoughts get lost up in the sky-yyy-yyy-y-yyy" when he says sky he gooes really high, pretty sweet.

BTW, while listening through TiO yesterday I noticed alot of the songs flow right into eachother, much like a conceptual album would!

1by4by9 said:
So, MJR said Wicked was about an unlucky person in unlucky place at unlucky time and therefore the main riff is in 13/4.

V is about "the five" so they it's obvious that there's quite a lot 5/4-measures here and there. But on the other hand there many other time signatures so my theory is crap.

The first bridge section in Evolution goes something like this: first measure in 6/4, second in 7/4 and the last two 8/4.

Oh my god..... I think I found a new sig.

I'm sure many have noticed this.

The beginnings of Communion and the Oracle and The Edge of Forever
and on Communion from about 0.30 --> and on Edge of... about 2 min -->,
when the guitar enters.

Incantations of the Apprentice - When Russel sings "Lakes of fire, writhe and swell," Romeo and Lepond do this killer lick with harmonics that completely fits the imagery from the lyrics. I always thought that was a cool little idea.

1by4by9 said:
So, MJR said Wicked was about an unlucky person in unlucky place at unlucky time and therefore the main riff is in 13/4.

V is about "the five" so they it's obvious that there's quite a lot 5/4-measures here and there. But on the other hand there many other time signatures so my theory is crap.

The first bridge section in Evolution goes something like this: first measure in 6/4, second in 7/4 and the last two 8/4.

OMG! Dude, that is amazing! So is the thing you just mentioned, Shred! Never noticed those things before!

If you listen to the ending of "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" around 19:15 on the "Live on the edge of forever" album, just before Allen says "thank you everybody etc.", doesn't it sound to you like about half a measure of the intro to YYZ by Rush... Does to me at least. :p

Just a little note for those who are always looking for stuff and perhaps are not that musical...nore do they know where to start! Their is alot of times Russell Allen's voice is used in a symbolic way...He is always doing something with his voice that has meaning to the song! Which is why he is so god damn good (and by god I mean an ubber God)

there are lots of things in the oddyssey that reintroduce previous themes from earlier in the song. but then thats just what you do in those long epics...

the bass line under the opening stuff on inferno rather reminds me of the main riffs in egypt. starting at about 13 seconds.

the bass line under the opening stuff on inferno rather reminds me of the main riffs in egypt. starting at about 13 seconds.

I noticed this, its sounds familiar but I do not think they are linked in anyway shape or form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Gentleman of_the Snow_
That is what Beelzebub mentioned, but nice find, nonetheless!

he talked about the ending, I talked about a part before the ending. oh well the parts rule either way.

fair enough...Beezlebub is a he?