What's the difference between ProgPower USA/Europe?

I've been to all PP Europe festivals and 3 PP Usa festivals sofar, so i'm one of the few who can tell the difference from a visitors point of view.

Like Glenn said it's very hard to pull out a festival like he does with all these bands touring in Europe and the festivals during summer.

The initial idea behind the ProgPower festival was to bring a festival to support the bands in the prog/metal scene. A line-up mixed with well-known and upcoming bands. Remember that the first PP festival back in '99 in Tilburg (The Netherlands) we already had Threshold, Evergrey, Pain of Salvation and Superior on stage in this (too) big venue. All of them played PP usa later as well.

In 2000 PP Europe moved to a smaller venue and this year it's still there for the 5th time in a row (it will be the 6th PP Europe).

Glenn started of his festival in Chicago in this very cosy and nice 'venue' in Lansing IL and was able to expand this festival 4 times the size of the first one back in 2001.

The formula for PP Europe hardly changed over all these years, a very balanced mix of well-known and less or hardly known bands in the prog/metal scene. The formula of PP Usa changed more to a mix of mostly well known bands and a few less known bands.

Even with a line-up like last year or this year at PP USA i don't think PP Europe could sell the 1200 tickets Glenn did in the past two years (the first venue of PP Europe in '99 even had a larger capacity, but was filled with about 800 people).

We are just able to see most of the bands we like and still i love to see both festivals just because of the atmosphere. And this atmosphere is what it makes so beautifull, although both festivals are in a different part of the world, the warm athmosphere is the same.

See ya all in September,

Henk

Havermout said:
I've been to all PP Europe festivals and 3 PP Usa festivals sofar, so i'm one of the few who can tell the difference from a visitors point of view.

Like Glenn said it's very hard to pull out a festival like he does with all these bands touring in Europe and the festivals during summer.

The initial idea behind the ProgPower festival was to bring a festival to support the bands in the prog/metal scene. A line-up mixed with well-known and upcoming bands. Remember that the first PP festival back in '99 in Tilburg (The Netherlands) we already had Threshold, Evergrey, Pain of Salvation and Superior on stage in this (too) big venue. All of them played PP usa later as well.

In 2000 PP Europe moved to a smaller venue and this year it's still there for the 5th time in a row (it will be the 6th PP Europe).

Glenn started of his festival in Chicago in this very cosy and nice 'venue' in Lansing IL and was able to expand this festival 4 times the size of the first one back in 2001.

The formula for PP Europe hardly changed over all these years, a very balanced mix of well-known and less or hardly known bands in the prog/metal scene. The formula of PP Usa changed more to a mix of mostly well known bands and a few less known bands.

Even with a line-up like last year or this year at PP USA i don't think PP Europe could sell the 1200 tickets Glenn did in the past two years (the first venue of PP Europe in '99 even had a larger capacity, but was filled with about 800 people).

We are just able to see most of the bands we like and still i love to see both festivals just because of the atmosphere. And this atmosphere is what it makes so beautifull, although both festivals are in a different part of the world, the warm athmosphere is the same.

See ya all in September,

Henk
That's pretty damn cool that you can do both. I've yet to travel overseas for a festival. I'd like to one day.

I'd go back to PP Europe if it were being held at the 013 in Tilburg again. Great venue, great people to hang out with, not too hard to get to and cheap train tickets. Might even stay for more than 22 hours, unlike that last time. :)