Whats the greatest concert that you've evere been to(Sound wise not necesarly theband

Apr 3, 2005
IL
yes i was just wondering what band played the best that you have seen and experienced live mine would probably uh.. White snake

(P.S Anthrax reunin tour didnt dissappoint me like i thought it would they played pretty well; i went to the first chicago gig)

The_Void said:
I would have to say Iron Maiden in Montreal on the Give Me Ed Till Im Dead tour/

cool i never had a chance to see maiden live i was gonna go to the ozzfest and see them but im not gonna bother they any good live anymore?

MetalThrasher442 said:
cool i never had a chance to see maiden live i was gonna go to the ozzfest and see them but im not gonna bother they any good live anymore?

Yes, Maiden still rule live. My all time favorite band and they never disappoint. You would be hard pressed to find a better live band imo.

The_Void said:
Yes, Maiden still rule live. My all time favorite band and they never disappoint. You would be hard pressed to find a better live band imo.

killer! then if i ever get another chance ill try to catch them

for me its between the anthrax stomp tour and panteras last tour here,the anthrax show is special to me because it was the first time i saw them and they did absolutley fill all my expectations and then some,pantera show is special because it was the loudest concert i had ever been to and crystal clear too,it was actually on the borderline of being so loud that it was uncomfortable lol, the setlist was killer,playing mostly fbd material to my surprise,also we knew the dramas that were unfolding even then with phils erratic behaviour,there was even reports in the melb show that they almost fought on stage,as it turns out it was the last time i would see them and it makes it so much more special that they went out on top and in very fine from,nothing but good memories of dimebag on stage.

Maiden have sounded good each time I've seen them.
KISS acoustic was incredible.
RUSH sound like they are coming off of a CD each time I see them.
But believe it or not, Testament at the infamous AlRose in 1995 seals the deal for clarity and volume in one show. The combo of the AlRosa's then new PA, and Testaments sound man (from the Liv@Fillmore days) was AWESOME.

mrthrax said:
for me its between the anthrax stomp tour and panteras last tour here,the anthrax show is special to me because it was the first time i saw them and they did absolutley fill all my expectations and then some,pantera show is special because it was the loudest concert i had ever been to and crystal clear too,it was actually on the borderline of being so loud that it was uncomfortable lol, the setlist was killer,playing mostly fbd material to my surprise,also we knew the dramas that were unfolding even then with phils erratic behaviour,there was even reports in the melb show that they almost fought on stage,as it turns out it was the last time i would see them and it makes it so much more special that they went out on top and in very fine from,nothing but good memories of dimebag on stage.

Sounds kick ass..i never got a chance to see pantera live but from the live clips i have on my computer phil doesnt sound to great he like pauses or something(like tires out fast) anyway i did see damage plan like three weeks before the tragedy. They played a pretty kick ass show i saw them with shadows fall(shadows wasnt that great)

The_Void said:
I would have to say Iron Maiden in Montreal on the Give Me Ed Till Im Dead tour/

Saw that show too. It was very good, but not quite as good as AC/DC Who Made Who Tour 1987 Montreal (old Forum) or Ozzy No More Tours 1992 Montreal (Verdun Auditorium).

U2 Zoo Tour back in the early 90s in Adelaide at Footy (AAMI) Stadium. The onstage set was just amazing and Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry just put it all into their performance - the sound was very very good too from where I was right up the front.

For sheer energy nothing beats the POT tour back at Thebarton. Also the Megadeth concert back a few weeks ago was a really great night too.

Sadly I have never had the opportunity to see Maiden live (something I hope to change next year when I visit Europe). I know they will just rule like no other.

Honorable mention goes out to Anthrax / Pantera tour! I can’t remember the year, (back in my heavy drinking days) but it was in Montreal at an indoor tennis arena. Great show Very good sound!

walking dead 666 said:
Saw that show too. It was very good, but not quite as good as AC/DC Who Made Who Tour 1987 Montreal (old Forum) or Ozzy No More Tours 1992 Montreal (Verdun Auditorium).

Never caught ac/dc live but everyone knows they were awesome live. I dont care for them that much now but bon scott ruled i would have saw them if bon was still alive I saw sabbath live they rule. Actually they might beat whitesnake. Either way whitesnake and Sabbath kicked ass when i saw them.. i would suggest them to anyone well i gotta go peace

MetalThrasher442 said:
Sounds kick ass..i never got a chance to see pantera live but from the live clips i have on my computer phil doesnt sound to great he like pauses or something(like tires out fast) anyway i did see damage plan like three weeks before the tragedy. They played a pretty kick ass show i saw them with shadows fall(shadows wasnt that great)

there is some really good bootlegs out there.

aliasp said:
Also the Megadeth concert back a few weeks ago was a really great night too.

The Melbourne show was awesome

also Steve Vai, last year put on a really good show (Billy sheehan on bass and tony Mcalpine on rhythm and keys :Smug: )

reidie said:
The Melbourne show was awesome

also Steve Vai, last year put on a really good show (Billy sheehan on bass and tony Mcalpine on rhythm and keys :Smug: )

Yep it was awesome. Not to sound all Fag like but it was a very emotional night too - can't explain it but it was Dave's farewell and he took us on a PUNISHING BRUTAL but FUN journey.

Reidie where abouts where you at that the Melb Gig. I was up the back on the ground floor just left of centre right at the front of the elevated section. I am a short ass so I needed some extra help to see.

front and centre in the pit
a couple of us were wearing "Droogies from the West" shirts
you might have seen us

reidie said:
front and centre in the pit
a couple of us were wearing "Droogies from the West" shirts
you might have seen us

actually I think I did see ya :)