Whats the greatest concert that you've evere been to(Sound wise not necesarly theband

Saw Joe Jackson at Royal Oak. Just him and a keyboardist and a violinist. The girls with him actually palyed a little of everything. It was a small venue with an excellent sound. He was close to the peeps and even did some Q & A.

Slayer, Anthrax, and Testament have allways sounded great every time I've seen them(and that's been a bunch). Metallica sounds great live also but I havn't seen them since they toured the black album. I can't really pick any one particualar gig from those bands as the best sounding though. They've allways delivered.

MichiMikey said:
Saw Joe Jackson at Royal Oak. Just him and a keyboardist and a violinist. The girls with him actually palyed a little of everything. It was a small venue with an excellent sound. He was close to the peeps and even did some Q & A.

Hey! I was just in Royal Oak last week!

Skorned1 said:

:headbang: Any show in particular that you saw that stood out, or blew you away by how awesome it sounded? Just curious 'cause I like hearing people's concert experiences, especially bands that I'm into.

Thrash fiend said:
Hell fuckin yeha i was fifteen when i saw metalica last year in glasgow!!! Even though theyre new music sucks, I really think those guys can kick ass live and it's nice to see they have their agression back after watching the performance of cunning stunts in 1997...that was lame!! so yeah they were fantstic got over a 2 hour set and were just plain awesome,crowd off 11000 were pretty damn pleased too. Anyway ive seen all of the big four and they were alla bout the same in greatness (pretty fucking great!) But Anthrax was the best no more than one week ago in Glasgow, Id wanted to see thsi lineup for ages and coudnt help but be blown away.SLayer ruled aswel!!!! I CANT DECIDE!!!...MEGADETH!!!!!

I saw Metallica last summer as well. Their new music does suck ass, but live it was good, though it didn´t blow me away the way it used to.

Hard one. Well, here goes.
Soundwise:
1. Green Carnation - Wacken Open Air 2002
2. Iced Earth - Vega Copenhagen, Denmark 2/14/02
3. Iron Maiden - Roskilde Festival 2000

Fave concerts:

1. Anthrax - Wacken 2004 (although it was about 35 degrees celcius, and at 3 p.m. urgh!)
2. Iron Maiden - Roskilde Festival 2000
3. The Gathering - Wacken 200.?
4. Iced Earth - Vega Copenhagen, Denmark 2/14/02
5. Biohazard - Roskilde Festival 1995

Faith No More on their '93 trek for Angel Dust is hands down the best concert I have ever been to. The sound was awesome and the energy of Mike Patton on stage was just as awesome. They where frequent visitors to Australia back in the day, but their subsequent concerts never quite reached the ferocity of the Angel Dust tour. Jim Martin was still in the band on that tour as well, and he is one under-rated mother fucker on guitar.

Ministry at Nottingham Rock City on the Psalm 69 tour. Maybe The Pixies at Reading Festival 1990

DarbysDad said:
My first Gig

My Best and most favorite show
Irvine, CA
John Mellencamp - the Lonesome Jubilee Tour 1988 twice (legs 1 and 2)
no support acts

and a boat load of others

Tell me this isn't true DD???????

thraxx said:
Tell me this isn't true DD???????
It's so true - the 2nd show was cool me and my two friends decked out in engineer boots Motorhead and Anthrax shirts dancing with the 30 something ladies in front of their hubbies. :hotjump: the third friend wussed out with a Dire Straits shirt :yuk: :ill: what a shit band they were.

who needs Indians when you have Hot Dogs and Hamburgers :kickass: :loco: :D

strik9 said:
:headbang: Any show in particular that you saw that stood out, or blew you away by how awesome it sounded? Just curious 'cause I like hearing people's concert experiences, especially bands that I'm into.

Last December at the HOB in Vegas. I was up front almost the whole show and only left to the bar at the end cuz I needed water before I passed out. The crowd was intense (besides the two assholes that groped me. I hope the second one's face heals...NOT!). Kerry King was amazingly hot. I went in w/big hair and came out like a drowned rat. Good times! I was soaking wet not a stitch of clothing was dry. I could barely walk for days since I had one foot on the wall to keep from being smashed. I was covered in bruises for a couple of weeks. It was better the sex!

MichiMikey said:
And you didn't stop in for a grope...er, hug, I mean? WTF?

;)

Better be careful ZT/D's gonna start bashing you for no reason if you're nice to me!

But back to what matters, are you from Royal Oak?