What's the meaning of Anathema for U?

Anathema, although their lyrics are, as a friend of mine put it so blatant, are "dragons of lyrics", represents comfort. A reminder of feelings ... good and bad :)

Everything
Anathema could give me everything I wanted from music maybe except some progressive songs (well, as long as there are other groups for that :p)

I found a song for each of my emotions
THere is a song for every type of my mood

And there are few bad memories which hurt but still sweet to remember :)

Volfied said:
Everything
Anathema could give me everything I wanted from music maybe except some progressive songs (well, as long as there are other groups for that :p)

I found a song for each of my emotions
THere is a song for every type of my mood

And there are few bad memories which hurt but still sweet to remember :)

Yes, indeed, I so agree with you :cool:
Man is fond of counting his troubles but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it. (Dostojewski)

(I will not take credit for this brilliant remark :) )

Well, I suppose I take the more literal meaning of the word, and add a personal, symbolic spin on it.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=anathema
That being said, I really like the "separated; set apart" definition, being how the band's ideology is thematically reflective with that of a separatist, reality-iconoclastic mindset. But moreso, the emotions and state of the spirit's recognition of its own existence in contrast to its belief structure. With that canvas, one can paint an infinite number of self-destructive and resigned motifs. Absolute uber-depression, and for that, I relate to the overwhelming melancholy of their entire ouvre.

Indescribable feeling, emotion that they give me. It is like a rain drop on a sunny day, that refreshing feeling. It is like a lovers embrace when you need it at your most vulnerable state. Doesn't matter what mood I am in, their music always touches me in the right way.

Every time I hear the word serenity, I have that Blazing Eterenity song playing in my head "serenity and the icecold feeling of an uncertain future", and I don't particularly enjoy that song :erk: .

well Anathema never makes me sad or depressed etc. It used to when I was 15 and I think I couldn't perceive the very essence of their music but now I get it another way, and I think the way I perceive their sound now is actually 'closer to the truth' behind their music. Of course, I might be wrong about that but for the mandatory cheesy bit :
Everyone's entitled to an opinion about music and there"s no absolut truth :Spin:

Fuck ... Anathema cheers me up ... What's wrong with me doc ? :erk: