Anathema Tribute Album

Hey guys, I don't usually post in here, but I browse around since Im quite a fan of the band, and stumbled upon this cool thread, and I actually have a cover of Forgotten Hopes that I did a while back all by myself. Im not a very good singer, but I tried, and also, drums are sequenced and acoustic guitars were recorded line in which is a no - no when going for quality, but it was a lazy/sloppy cover, but it would be not a problem to re-record it with a mic instead of line in if this compilation would be a reality (if this cover doesn't kill your ears of course :) ).

Check it out here: Click Me!

You can find it on that site, any comments on how to improve it are greatly appreciated.

I think any tribute should be limited to ginger artists only: Mick hucknall covering electriciity, geri haliwell doing forgotten hopes etc etc

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Hey guys, I don't usually post in here, but I browse around since Im quite a fan of the band, and stumbled upon this cool thread, and I actually have a cover of Forgotten Hopes that I did a while back all by myself. Im not a very good singer, but I tried, and also, drums are sequenced and acoustic guitars were recorded line in which is a no - no when going for quality, but it was a lazy/sloppy cover, but it would be not a problem to re-record it with a mic instead of line in if this compilation would be a reality (if this cover doesn't kill your ears of course :) ).

You can find it on that site, any comments on how to improve it are greatly appreciated.

change your name, and come back to us on that

Cerulean said:
:mad:
Then I'm gonna make a band called 'My Dying Bride'! :yell:
Hehe I wouldn't pick such a crappy band name, people will sneer at you forever.

hehe deal! man it's gonna make people :cry:
Yeah, and if they have taste, they'll just skip our track afterwards ;)

Leper_/-\ffinity said:

Sounds really ok, though the voice is a bit shy yeah, but it's perfectly sung in tune. And the guitar solo is nice too. Nothing to be ashamed of at all !! Sounds very good for a home-made recording.

Bastet said:
yeah, so do i.
and i remember downloading something from you too ;)

Must be a cover of that Alan Parsons Project song, Old and Wise :tickled:

And oh, when I'm old and wise
Heavy words that tossed and blew me
Like autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine
As the final curtain falls before my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Morpheus said:
don't you underestimate our skills mister!
Ah I wouldn't dare! We could tune the voices in the studio like Milli Vanilli anyway in case we screw it up. An a cappella version of Kingdom would be my favourite :tickled:

my dying groom said:
Ah I wouldn't dare! We could tune the voices in the studio like Milli Vanilli anyway in case we screw it up. An a cappella version of Kingdom would be my favourite :tickled:
so will you be Milli or Vanilli? :D I wanted to suggest Sweet Tears in that case one does the speaking one the growling. And we deffo need some rasta.

btw i always associated the name with vanilla ice :D

Morpheus said:
so will you be Milli or Vanilli? :D I wanted to suggest Sweet Tears in that case one does the speaking one the growling. And we deffo need some rasta.

btw i always associated the name with vanilla ice :D
I'm in for Sweet Tears as speaking 'Rasta Milli' 'cause it sounds so shitty :D
Yo yo yo, that could also be a Grandmaster Flash line.