Just discovered Anathema!! I'm amazed...

Sengir*Buendia

Baron of Macondo
Hello folks!!
Finally decided to try Anathema and WOW, I'm amazed!!!!!!! Such inspiring and soothing music!!!!!! Until now I've listened to Judgement and Natural Disaster, can't say which amazes me the most... Songs like One Last Goodbye, Emotional Winter, Anyone Anywhere, Balance, Natural Disaster and Flying all leave me in a kind of ecstasy (you Anathema experts can notice the similarity among these?).

So... what album should I check next? (NO death vocals)

Thanx!!

Yes... the "A fine day to exit" album is more similar to "A natural disaster" than "Judgement". Is a GREAT album, with a lot of "feel ecstasy" songs :)

"Alternative 4 "is very nice one, take care about "Inner silence". It'll be a shock for you, sure ;)

Try "Eternity" too, is different, but is great too. May be you need to listen it more times to appreciate its quality.

"Your last option" is to try "The Silent Enigma". It's the most Vinnie doom voice, but is a great album. Listen "Sunset of Age" for example. Is a great great song. But I'm sure it'll be the hardest album of Anathema to you. (featuring the voice of Vinnie, of course)

Resuming: try all the albums, All they are simply GREAT. May be some of the songs need to be listened many times, becouse are a little bit "real metal songs", but the effort will compensate you, I'm sure ;)

exactly go like this: afdte -> alternative4 -> eternity -> silent enigma
the current one will be preparing you for the next one.. you'll end up quite heavy but you will be having listened great stuff by then :)