One Last Goodbye/Parisienne Moonlight

Demon of the Fall said:
I see One Last Goodbye as the male talking about his grief for the woman dying, and Parisienne Moonlight as the woman's message to the male figure.
and what about the rest? o_O

Sengir*Buendia said:
Have they ever done better than this?? I don't think so. IMO it's the most emotional and beautiful moment in their discography. The passionate heartbreaking vocals in One Last Goodbye, the floydian guitar tone, the poignant lyrics ("I still feel the pain/I still feel your love), the piano intro in Parisienne, the female vocals... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh God, I NEVER grow tired of Judgement, by far their greatest opus. The combo Deep/Pitiless/Forgotten Hopes is also amazing, I love how their songs merge together.

Does anyone find another Anathema moment more emotional than these? Natural Disaster/Flying/Electricity comes close
I don't think it's their best effort uptill now. I do like OLG but it's not one of my favorites. Of course it's a honest song, but still, it's a bit too cheesy for my taste. The solo at the end is one of my favorites though. PM isn't bad either, but all the songs with female vocals on it, that came after this, I just regard a little higher.

Closer/are you there/childhood dream is my fave trio at this point, although I doubt it was ment as a trio.

I don't think Judgement is their best album, but productionwise, I like this one best!

i think its really about paris... it wouldnt just be called like this for the sake of it would it?

Judge gsz said:
I don't think it's their best effort uptill now. I do like OLG but it's not one of my favorites. Of course it's a honest song, but still, it's a bit too cheesy for my taste. The solo at the end is one of my favorites though. PM isn't bad either, but all the songs with female vocals on it, that came after this, I just regard a little higher.

Closer/are you there/childhood dream is my fave trio at this point, although I doubt it was ment as a trio.

I don't think Judgement is their best album, but productionwise, I like this one best!

For sure, the guitars especially have never sounded better in any on the previous or next albums than on Judgement.
I don't know why but I find the distorded guitars on AFDTE and AND very odd, too high tone maybe.. :err:

Mariner said:
i think its really about paris... it wouldnt just be called like this for the sake of it would it?

Well, I didn't say that it IS a concept album. It's just the way that I see it. :p . Judgement would be the man committing suicide, Don't look too far is the man slowly dying etc... Note that I sometimes even change my meaning of a song, because I'm tired of the old story. ;) So you do not have to discuss the actual meaning of the song, because I know that I would be wrong then.

Mariner said:
its not 'about' paris... its just the idea came from a night there, its more about death bed wishes than paris

Demon of the Fall said:
I see One Last Goodbye as the male talking about his grief for the woman dying, and Parisienne Moonlight as the woman's message to the male figure.
thats actually not very far from the truth

ok here's the deal

one last goodbye is 100% about my mother and what it meant to me to see her die so young after such a tortured life...

parisienne moonilght is 50% about a relationship that started at that time and 50% my thoughts on what my mother might have thought as she lay dying

i felt the two events connected

as for a concept album? no way

as for anyone anywhere? a good tune but the lyrics did not mean anything to the writer.. and he freely admitted this to us

theres two sides to every story though

pagan2002 said:
ok here's the deal

one last goodbye is 100% about my mother and what it meant to me to see her die so young after such a tortured life...

parisienne moonilght is 50% about a relationship that started at that time and 50% my thoughts on what my mother might have thought as she lay dying

i felt the two events connected

as for a concept album? no way

as for anyone anywhere? a good tune but the lyrics did not mean anything to the writer.. and he freely admitted this to us

theres two sides to every story though

:Spin: ok thanks Danny for the explanation !

That explanation by the author himself makes that song (OLG) even more magical to me, because I know now those feelings are REAL, the grief in the vocals are REAL and besides, the fact that it refers to a son crying to his mother makes it even more strong than if it were about lovers simply...

As for Parisienne, it was also amazing to discover that it may have been the last thoughts of the mother for her beloved and grieving son. Much more beautiful and full of emotion than a girl saying to her lover.

Danny I can only praise you for being able to transfer such personal feelings to those wonderful songs and IMO those feelings were captured in their essence. They make me feel sorrow but also confidence and a feeling of "keep moving"...

Thanks!!

i think those two songs are really beautiful, but in judgement - emotional winter is great too! it touchs me in a especial way because of what i was feeling at the time when the album was released. the words are very good and so is the music... sounds very pink floyd :p