One Last Goodbye/Parisienne Moonlight

Sengir*Buendia

Baron of Macondo
Have they ever done better than this?? I don't think so. IMO it's the most emotional and beautiful moment in their discography. The passionate heartbreaking vocals in One Last Goodbye, the floydian guitar tone, the poignant lyrics ("I still feel the pain/I still feel your love), the piano intro in Parisienne, the female vocals... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh God, I NEVER grow tired of Judgement, by far their greatest opus. The combo Deep/Pitiless/Forgotten Hopes is also amazing, I love how their songs merge together.

Does anyone find another Anathema moment more emotional than these? Natural Disaster/Flying/Electricity comes close

eternity pt ii and hope followed by suicide veil
cries on the wind followed by ascension
regret, feel and destiny
pressure and release

Sengir*Buendia said:
Does anyone find another Anathema moment more emotional than these? Natural Disaster/Flying/Electricity comes close
I wonder if there's a one keyword grabbing the sense of your chosen songs... desperation?

It's a different league, but Closer still gives me goosebumps.

I agree One last goodbye/Parisienne Moonlight is my favourite Anathema moment. (and the whole Judgement by the way, by far)

But Balance/Closer flow very well one into the other

Am I the only one that sees Judgement as a concept album? I actually see a story in it. That's what I like about Anathema. You can interpretate the songs to your liking and your feelings.

And yes, those two songs are highly emotional. I see One Last Goodbye as the male talking about his grief for the woman dying, and Parisienne Moonlight as the woman's message to the male figure.