What's the most unusual food you've eaten?

Maelstrom

Metal is the Law!
Jan 27, 2002
Adelaide
www.theharrowed.com
Well, the title is pretty self explanitory. What's the most unusual thing you've eaten and why?? Was it out of curiousity or to fit in? Above all though, what did it taste like?

For me, the most unusual thing I've consumed was jellyfish, at a friends birthday, and it was crap.

Probably Kangaroo and it was awesome... well, except for one time - you have to cook it just right or it's tough-as!

Apart from that, anything at my mother's house! She deep-fries EVERYTHING! Anyone here ever had a deep-fried cup of coffee? No, I didn't think so! HAHAHA!

I ate Bambi when I was in Sweden last Christmas! :(

..............and Moose!:lol:

Jen's mum made me do it! :Smug:

Both were really nice too....

I ate snails at school as part of my french studies, they were shit,the frogs legs were pretty nice though. I ate some shit out of teh bottom of the dishwasher at work once,that was for 10 bucks though.

Originally posted by Koichi
I ate some shit out of teh bottom of the dishwasher at work once,that was for 10 bucks though.

:err:
That $10 wouldn't even pay for your ambulance ride to the hospital... :lol:

Thats disturbing!

Yeah, like she said!! (Did it taste good though???)

I used to eat kangaroo almost daily instead of any other red meats, but I haven't had any red meat in ages. There's a place in the central markets that do kangaroo roasts, which are absolutely sensational.

Never tried snails, always lusted after emu and crocodile for some reason. That desire has long passed though.

Yuck. I tried sea cucumber about 4 years ago with a japanese friend of mine. I never forgave them:) I'm not much of a sea food person, so why I thought I might like it I'll never know.

Gator.

i was on vaction to Florida with my family and we saw fried gator as an appetizer. I firmly believe in trying local cuisine, so we ordered some.

Blecht! Gator tastes just like swamp.

Did it once, checked it off the list, won't do it again.

Up next... I need to find someplace here in Arizona that serves up Rattlesnake.

SeanZilla