Unusual today, usual tomorrow?

....i know exactly how you feel. I used to, and still do though rarely now, get those "youre a freak" looks when someone would happen to hear the music coming out of my stereo. What angered me more were the passing comments made about me killing small animals. Truth be known i listen to Christian music soley(Opeth is my 1st secular band in like 2 years) and thats what got at me the most. They heard 5 seconds of fast guitars and growls and i got insulted. But then one day i realized something. Im NOT a freak and im NOT a satanist so the whole situation is not about me its about them. Ive done nothing wrong. The situation is a result of a short coming on their part not mine. I know its hard to put up with because feelings can easily get hurt but dont let a couple people being jerks get you down(yes i know easier said than done). A couple people may treat you like trash but dont forget the people that hold you dear.

LOVE
Love

Love....thank you so much for your reassurance and understanding relation. it's just really hard to accept the fact that people will always judge me and others on trivial (not to say that opeth is in any way trivial) but those kind of standards. you tend to question, asking "well, why cant they take two minutes to talk to me and find out that i am a person not some freaky girl that tortures small animals" (like you said...because i have also received those and similar comments. I dont want to just shun them off and say "screw em", because i would hope to relay the beauty and passion i find in opeth as well as other bands, to them. if they are so close-minded and prohibiting new horizions to enter their lives, then there is nothing i can do but hope that they will grow up and realize what they are missing out on. i'm just glad i am able to let these feelings out with others who can relate and understand.....thank you for listening to me everyone.....:D