What's up with all the noobs?

JUST LIKE YOUR "OPINION"!

The AssSmackers are out in full force, these days!

Well, no shit its my opinion. He asked for a reason and I gave him one. Those albums sucked. Yes, that is my opinion because everything about music preference is opinion based.

I found the albums weak, as did the majority of Anthrax fans, which is why the majority of Anthrax fans abandoned them but kept listening to Slayer and other thrash acts of the era. Anthrax fell into an abyss, one which they are just now getting themselves out of.

Threads like this are so pointless. It's like, am I supposed get your approval before deciding to pitch in to a discussion about something I'm into, which is why one would register for a board to begin with? Get over yourself.

I guess some people just gotta feel like they're somebody.

I'm a noob on this board, but an Anthrax fan since '87. I was a lurker for about a year and just too lazy to sign up. Glad to be here.

When the fuck did this board turn into an old lady sewing circle?

While some of you were abandoning Anthrax because St. Joey left, and some of you are pissed because Beelzedonna is back & St. John is not, some of us here were sad to see Joey leave but gave John a chance; we found we liked him a lot too. And we were sad when John left, but were happy that Joey was back.

Am I bummed that John is gone? Yes.
Am I stoked that Joey is back? Yes.
Am I stoked for the new album? FUCK YEAH.

I totally remember being all of 15 years old when I read in some fanzine that Joey got fired. I was bummed like hell. I was totally sad to see Joey go. But I embraced the new singer. I already had March of the Saint. That was pretty much all I knew of Armored Saint.

When Anthrax reunited with Joey in 2005, I was really excited to see the Anthrax that I first knew back together. I was definitely scratching my head when they decided to go with a no name that wasn't even road tested as opposed to recording an LP with the classic line up.

New? are you sure? Seems like the same tired old argument. "This!"

"No! This!"

Ah, I suppose my enthusiasm is a result of the fact that I quite possibly qualify as a noob myself. After all, I've only been posting here since june last year, and I am yet to understand all the characteristics of the hierarchy of Anthrax fans :D

I've got no problem with new people joining the discussion. It's mostly good for the board and makes things more interesting.

However, I've got a huge problem with people coming in acting like they're better than us regulars because they're "real fans" who abandoned Anthrax when Joey left. I get it and I understand it, but I also think that maybe you should be on a Belladonna-forum? I'm sure there's one somewhere.

It should be a rule that both eras need to be treated with respect. You don't have to like everything, but at least show some fucking respect when posting here.

Finally, please just stop defending your opinion with "most --- fans feel the same way". That just so fucking stupid. That logic fails on so many levels.

Some of the new (within the past few days) posters just seen like a bunch of IMF09 clones, just half as intelligent and three times more annoying.

I guess I should see that as a compliment!

But to the point of the OP, get used to it. Joey back in the band is gaining the interest of a lot of the OG fans that bailed on this band after SOWN. There are millions of them out there so just a few new ones isn't too bad compared to how many are out there.

I stuck around on here even when the announced Don Nelson would be the next singer. But thankfully the metal gods bitch slapped Scott Ian in the face and brought Joey back to the band to hopefully save his career!

I don't mind new posters, it's just the the ones coming in here with the "true fan" bs, and taking the opportunity to make every post about bashing another era of the band. Your not a "true fan" if you stopped being a fan after POT.

New blood is good, these boards need them. It just doesn't need even more over the tired old Joey vs. John, nonsense.

I don't mind new posters, it's just the the ones coming in here with the "true fan" bs, and taking the opportunity to make every post about bashing another era of the band. Your not a "true fan" if you stopped being a fan after POT.

New blood is good, these boards need them. It just doesn't need even more over the tired old Joey vs. John, nonsense.

My point was a lot a people here stuck with the band through thick and thin, and to hear the constand bashing, as opposed to opinion is insulting. I'm not trying to be anything or trying to make any impression. It's about respect from both sides of the fence as has been mentioned. :wave: