What's with Alexi's voice?

HateCrewDeathroll

Child Of Symphony
Nov 12, 2002
It sounds that Alexi has, not just with his voice but the music too, made the music more fan friendly. You know, like it sounds like a popular billboard sound for a metal band. Everything is so catchy.

ALEXI'S VOICE - It sounds like he took his mature older voice and made it sound very teenager scream. It's also more high pitched. I mean, NEEDLED 24/7 COME ON NOW!!

I still think they are the best band in the world.

yea i know what u mean...higher pitched at times, more
open sounding...not as disguised as on something wild or hatebreeder...
kind of close to the FTR vocal sound, but different.
i kind of dig it...i mean..this is how his voice sounds live...so maybe it is a better representation of what to expect from his voice in the future. All in all, like u said...great fuckin band...have always been one of my faves...

His new voice is much more skillful you know. He does black metal growls at extremely high pitches while singing/screaming. I don't think he sounds like a teenager at all. He sounds like a skinny, pissed off black metal/punk singer.

They put a bit of distortion on it in Needled, it's like the effect when you shout too loudly into a little tape-recorder microphone, or drive a megaphone too hard. It's a very dance-musiccy effect:) (English and French might know Muse, they do it a lot)

Alexi's voice in the three first albums.... since i started listening to COB I said "its the only voice for this band.... whit this voice they wouldnt rock as much"... with all this screams like "jau jau" etc.... and the style (perhaps is cause that cause I enjoy more NortheR than Kalmah, the NortheR guy sings like Alexi in FTR....

I didnt listened to HCD yet, ill get it this week. But I listened to You're Better Off Dead!... and I think that style is perfect for this aggressive song.... and for the lyrics, right? Somebody plz coment my coment :)