What's with all of the "$30 per mix!!" threads?

Maybe they come from poor countries so 30 bucks gets converted nicely to whatever currency they are using plus it looks attractive.

These rates are inherent to such categories as (IMO):
1. Those just starting building a mixing portfolio.
2. Those who live in such countries as ours (e.g. this one), plus, dude may do this just as a hobby.

P.S.: I do not appreciate these. :)

Man, as I recently have started one of this threads, I can tell you from my hand. Someone can spend their money to promote themselves by adverts, good looking sites etc. Instead of this, I prefer to make several mixes for someone, who interested in it for good price. I think this is a good deal both for musicians and for me(as I need some extra practice). So, this is not a market dumping, just a temporary discount. Cheers!

Man, as I recently have started one of this threads, I can tell you from my hand. Someone can spend their money to promote themselves by adverts, good looking sites etc. Instead of this, I prefer to make several mixes for someone, who interested in it for good price. I think this is a good deal both for musicians and for me(as I need some extra practice). So, this is not a market dumping, just a temporary discount. Cheers!

There is another option as well: what if just start a competition, suggesting bands to share an ad and sending you some of their tracks as an entry. Then choose few of the most interesting to you and mix them for free. Doing this way you may gain two pres at once: first, you get free promotion, second, you add a couple of nice songs to your portfolio.

There is another option as well: what if just start a competition, suggesting bands to share an ad and sending you some of their tracks as an entry. Then choose few of the most interesting to you and mix them for free. Doing this way you may gain two pres at once: first, you get free promotion, second, you add a couple of nice songs to your portfolio.

Thanks for advice! What kind of competitions are you talking about? Something like sharing my post on Facebook and gathering likes for my post? If it so, I should create a facebook account for a start :lol:

I think that every job should be paid. don't know how my beliefs are right. I had an experience of mixing for free, and that was a crap, I mean I received some awful steams, feels like band's attitude to recording process was not serious. I think when a band is ready to pay for good mix, they will record as good steams as it possible.

I think that every job should be paid. don't know how my beliefs are right. I had an experience of mixing for free, and that was a crap, I mean I received some awful steams, feels like band's attitude to recording process was not serious. I think when a band is ready to pay for good mix, they will record as good steams as it possible.

That's also true about the low prices.

On the other hand, making such a competition as described above may allow you to choose on your own which band to mix as a winner. Thus you do not need to take each and every shitty request to work for free.

I have such experience. :)