Whats your ethnic background?

Fuck the people who are ashamed of British heritage or equate it with being a hill billy. The English are actually ethnic Germans anyway.

Fuck the people who are ashamed of British heritage or equate it with being a hill billy. The English are actually ethnic Germans anyway.

I'm not equating being of British heritage with being a hillbilly. I'm just saying that a lot of Southern rednecks are of British heritage. Although I do know that there's a good bit of Czech to be found in Texas and probably some other ones here and there, but still.

This is pretty false.

It assumes that British are still German because of Saxons & Angles coming from Germany. But what people forget is that Britain is not primarily Anglo Saxon anymore. Hell those types are rare. Like Italy & France, England was a melting pot. Thats why England was able to launch itself to the top. All the countries in Europe that became capable powers were historicaly the melting pots of Europe, having many different people settle into them and conquer them, bringing their own influence to them. You could basicaly tell that by how much English language has changed over the years.

England is the "darkest" of the Germanic world. They have just as much celtic influence and influences from elsewhere. England is one of the only "Germanic" countries in which black hair is entirely common. They have the smallest percentage of people with the "Nordid" phenotype. More British people look like the Beatles, than they do someone like that Nick Royle guy. Its not even this way in the East (where Vikings conquered). The East English do not all look germanic, even though people try to portray Eastern English as Scandinavians.

Ultimately, Germany especially the North is far more Germanic than modern England. Anglo Saxons would have looked much like the modern Danes, Swedes, & Norwegians. Most Brits don't look like them. Hell not even Germany is 100% Germanic, the south has done a lot of mixing with their Slavic neighbours.

I don't get some Scottish/Irish nationalist who try to seperate themselves from the English, associating themselves with Nordic. They are both far more celtic than Nordic & look much closer to the modern English than they do Scandinavians.

This is pretty false.

It assumes that British are still German because of Saxons & Angles coming from Germany. But what people forget is that Britain is not primarily Anglo Saxon anymore. Hell those types are rare. Like Italy & France, England was a melting pot. Thats why England was able to launch itself to the top. All the countries in Europe that became capable powers were historicaly the melting pots of Europe, having many different people settle into them and conquer them, bringing their own influence to them. You could basicaly tell that by how much English language has changed over the years.

England is the "darkest" of the Germanic world. They have just as much celtic influence and influences from elsewhere. England is one of the only "Germanic" countries in which black hair is entirely common. They have the smallest percentage of people with the "Nordid" phenotype. More British people look like the Beatles, than they do someone like that Nick Royle guy. Its not even this way in the East (where Vikings conquered). The East English do not all look germanic, even though people try to portray Eastern English as Scandinavians.

Ultimately, Germany especially the North is far more Germanic than modern England. Anglo Saxons would have looked much like the modern Danes, Swedes, & Norwegians. Most Brits don't look like them. Hell not even Germany is 100% Germanic, the south has done a lot of mixing with their Slavic neighbours.

I don't get some Scottish/Irish nationalist who try to seperate themselves from the English, associating themselves with Nordic. They are both far more celtic than Nordic & look much closer to the modern English than they do Scandinavians.

No it isn't false. You've interchangeably used Britain and England but they aren't interchangeable when you're talking about ethnicity really. The Beatles, well fail, some of them are second or third generation Irish immigrants. The multi-ethnic Britain that is so diverse and has succeeded due to it's diverse and rainbow coloured stream of excellence is a load of old tosh. The basis behind calling the English ethnic Germans is actually based in modern science.

I feel like I should point out that I actually live in England.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my mother's side, I'm Chinese - my grandfather hails from Canton/Guangzhou. But on my father's side of the family, I'm told we're Welsh, English, Dutch, perhaps German and a smattering of other things. My last name is German, but my great grandfather was adopted and that was the name of the family who took him in. So he might or might not be German in actuality. My grandfather on that side sure looks German to me, though.

No it isn't false. You've interchangeably used Britain and England but they aren't interchangeable when you're talking about ethnicity really. The Beatles, well fail, some of them are second or third generation Irish immigrants. The multi-ethnic Britain that is so diverse and has succeeded due to it's diverse and rainbow coloured stream of excellence is a load of old tosh. The basis behind calling the English ethnic Germans is actually based in modern science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j617mImHVvk

I feel like I should point out that I actually live in England.

The modern Brits are more closely related to the Spanish than they are Germans. The myth of Anglo Saxons exterminating all of the natives is just that a myth. If anything they intermixed with them. The reality shows that they did not kill them all, as most Brits do not look like any other Germanic country. By all means the British isles is swarthier than them all. Nowhere in Britain looks like Northern Germany, Denmark, Sweden, or Norway.

Did you even watch that video?

I'm sorry but you're being kind of dumb, in at least half of what you're saying. Posting a picture of a random dude doesn't mean anything and you can't argue the way you're trying to when you speaking to someone who actually lives in England.

People in England are ugly but not swarthy or celtic.

I am already aware of the arguement, as people have brought it up on many forumd.

There is literaly not much difference between Scotland & England as many portray (Scotland is celtic, England germanic) no its not like that all. England has just as much Celtic contribution as they do. England has as much celtic heritage, and the Scottish do germanic. England is only culturaly germanic, but ethnicaly diverse.

A nation that has been invaded and settled by damn near everyone, does not magicaly stay pure anything. Thats not the way Italy went down, its not the way France went down, England neither.

SOME English are decendents of Anglo Saxons & Vikings, but not all. England is diverse.

I think you're just saying the vague general statements that someone would say in a BBC documentary.

100% American Indian, Nez Perce Tribe.

My Tribal emblem.

nezpercelogo-1.jpg

Portuguese and Spanish as far as I know, but I have some kind of heart-shaped "spot" on my back (just like my mother, my uncle and my grandmother) and the doctor said it means that we probably have african ancestry.